- Visa Checks
If you are an international student the University is legally required to check and take copies of your immigration documents before you can be allowed to complete registration. Please ensure you bring:
- Your passport and a photocopy of all of its non-blank pages, including the page which was stamped on entry into the UK. This is to confirm your status to study in the UK.
- Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) – if you require one. If you need to collect a BRP on arrival in the UK this will have been detailed in the letter you were sent by UKVI containing your visa decision. You must ensure that you collect this before trying to complete your Visa Check and more details on how to do this are available in our guide.
- Your ATAS certificate, if you need one.
ID cards will NOT be issued until this check is completed.
Details of when, and where, the checks will take place are available on the Tier 4 webpages.
If you hold a Tier 4 visa, on further occasions throughout the year you will be emailed and asked to report to a venue with your documents for a Visa Check.
- Student ID Card Collection
Student ID Card Collection
Providing that you have uploaded your photo and it has been approved, (log back into the photo upload website to check) your ID card will be available to collect during induction week.
Students staying in Halls
- If you reside in University Halls of Residence, you will be given your student ID card upon arrival to your halls.
All other students studying on campus
- Postgraduate research students in the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition will receive their card from Reception in the Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill
- Visiting students in the School of Medicine, Medical Sciences & Nutrition will receive their card from Reception in the Institute of Medical Sciences, Foresterhill
- All other cards can be collected from the Infohub in the Students' Union building.
Please allow three full working days from submission of your photo before collecting your card.
- Distance learning/ Flexible learning students - please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your ID number and the address that you would like your ID card to be sent to.
Please ensure that you bring your Certificate of Acceptance and any confirmation of payment you may have made towards your tuition fees.
If you are sponsored please ensure that you bring one copy of proof of your sponsorship to registration, which the University will retain.
- Arriving Late?
Students arriving after the Induction Week should:
before coming to the Infohub to complete registration and collect their ID card.