If you are unwell during your time as a student, you may need to receive treatment from a local Family Doctor/General Practitioner (GP). New students will receive information about which GP practice to register with here. Returning students who are not already registered with a GP can find the closest medical practices to them by clicking on the NHS 24 website. All students should make sure they register with a GP practices as soon as possible.


If you are under 25 and entering university for the first time, you are advised to obtain a MenACWY vaccine from your current GP practice or family doctor before starting your studies. If that has not been possible, you should arrange to get a vaccine from your GP in Aberdeen once you have registered with a doctor's practice. An information leaflet explaining the need for vaccination can be accessed on the Immunisation Scotland Website.