Effective communication with you is an important part of helping you get the most out of your educational experience at the University.
How we can help
How we communicate with you
- Blogging, Vlogging and Podcasts
Student Content Creators
Our creative, passionate and enthusiastic student content creators share their experiences of student life at the University of Aberdeen through blogs, vlogs, podcasts and social media platforms.
You can follow their student journey and interest as they develop within the University of Aberdeen community as they introduce you to all that student life has to offer, as well as key social media campaigns.
Becoming a Student Content Creator
If you have…
- A keen interest in blogging, vlogging, social media or podcasts
- A willingness to develop key skills in communication, marketing, content creation, teamwork, public speaking, networking and engaging with students
- Genuine interest in enhancing the student experience
You could join the content creation team!
- Social Media
The University runs a number of social media accounts. The main Social Media account for current students are the Student Life pages.
Summer #ABDNhometowneats Competition (For all Current Students & Offer Holders only)
We want to see your favourite hometown eats this Summer! The best foodie photo will win...
- A FREE Friday lunch feast for you and 3 friends in the food court once a month for a year!
- An exclusive cookery demo from our award winning chefs for you and up to 14 friends!
- Your hometown eats favourite will be featured as a recipe in our new student recipe book!
Read the full Terms & Conditions here
- Student Fortnightly Ezine
During term-time, every two weeks students receive an email from the University. This is a round-up of events, news and opportunities send straight to your University email address.
You can view previous versions of the ezine below.
- Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
‘MyAberdeen’ is your very own virtual learning environment.
This is where you will find learning materials and resources associated with your courses and where you will be notified of any announcements about your courses or the University.
Guidance on using MyAberdeen is also available on the Centre for Academic Development eLearning web pages.
- Poster Boards
There are a number of poster sites across campus where you can find details of events and news.
- Plasma screens around campus
Located around campus, there are a number of plasma screens which show information relevant to you and your studies. These are managed by various teams across the University. If you wish to know further information please contact the Student Experience team. Email: email@example.com
- University Emails
From time to time, the University’s Communication department may need to contact students to keep them informed about news and events on campus outside the schedule of the fortnightly Ezine.
These communications will be sent directly to your student email account.
- Student Hub (formally Student Portal)
The Student Hub is the place to visit if you want to find out:
- Exam results
- Your academic progress
- Academic information, for example how many credits you have, your degree title etc.
- Non-academic information
- Event Pillars in Students' Union Building
On the 1st floor of the Students’ Union Building there are a number of pillars which advertise University run events. Keep an eye on these for up-to-date information on activities and events that you can take part in.
If you wish to advertise your student event, contact the Students' Association via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surveys and Feedback
Your ideas, expertise and feedback is a key part of driving change at the University of Aberdeen. InForm provides you with a number of opportunities to feedback and shape the University and your future.
If you want to find out more about forthcoming focus group sessions, or results of previous surveys please visit the InForm pages of the website.