University Halls of Residence
The University offers both catered and self catered accommodation for students. For further information regarding University accommodation, the Accommodation Office website is a good place to start. If you would prefer to meet with someone to discuss your options, please visit the Accommodation Office, located on the ground floor of the Students' Union Building.
- Opening hours: 09.00 to 17.00 Monday to Friday
- Telephone number: 01224 273502
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before applying, it is wise to think about what sort of service you require. Perhaps you don’t want to have set meal times and would rather eat when you please, or alternatively you might enjoy the convenience of not having to cook for yourself.
Private Halls of Residence
There are a variety of companies who offer accommodation in Aberdeen specifically for students. These tend to be set up as self-catered flats (usually of 5 people) with kitchen/living area and bathroom (many are en-suite if you prefer).
- UNITE: operate three such schemes; the Mealmarket Exchange, the Old Fire Station and Spring Garden. Prices vary from property to property.
- Liberty Living: also offers rooms like this in Liberty House.
- Hunter Construction: On campus are two privately owned halls, Coopers Court and Hunter Court, providing en-suite or shared bathroom rooms in multi-occupancy flats.
- Ardmuir: have a variety of 2-6 bedroom flats available at Trinity Court, Linksfield, Froghall, 207 King Street and 403 King Street.
The vast majority of students move to privately owned accommodation at some point while at university. There is an abundance of places to look at, it’s simply a case of searching through websites, calling landlords or leasing agencies.
The Aberdeen Students' Association's Student Advice Centre (SAC) has database listings for rooms and flats owned by private landlords with contact details, so students can phone up directly. If you have any further questions, call 01224 274200 or visit the AUSA Student Advice Centre at Johnston Halls.
AUSA also provide contact details for Leasing Agents and information on tenants' rights and responsibilities together with other information to help you find private accommodation.