Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Learning Accounts (ILAs) are for people who are 16 or over and living in Scotland.
You can apply for an ILA if:
- you are not in education
- do not have a degree or above and
- are not taking part in a National Training Programme (Modern Apprenticeship, Get Ready for Work or Training for Work)
You must also:
- have an income of £22,000 a year or less or
- be on benefits
- be registered for only 15 credits in one academic year. (If you are registered for 15-75 credits you may be eligible for a part-time fee grant)
to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training with an Individual Learning Account from Skills Development Scotland.
Individual Learning Accounts are available if you are interested in learning something new or brushing up your skills. There is a wide range of courses to choose from and you can study with any approved Individual Learning Account learning provider, including learning centres, local colleges, universities and private training companies.
To find out more and to request an application pack, visit www.ilascotland.org.uk or call the helpline on 0808 100 1090.
- If you already have an ILA200 account or have been in touch with SDS to renew your account for the forthcoming year, please complete the University’s ILA200 Booking Form and send it to the Postgraduate & Fees Team, email@example.com
- If you do not already have an ILA please contact SDS for an application pack click here or telephone on 0808 100 1090, please note that you cannot claim for an ILA once the course has started
To visit the SDS ILA external website click here
Allocating your award to your courses
Once you have confirmation of your ILA:
- submit your University ILA booking form to the Postgraduate & Fees Team (details below) this must be before or within 4 weeks of the course starting
- the University will book your award via the Skills Development Scotland online system
- you should receive your Learner’s Token from SDS ILA within 1-2 weeks
- sign and date this token
- send the token to the Postgraduate & Fees Team (details below)
- No fee adjustments will be made to your student account until you have submitted your Learners Token
- You will remain fully liable for your fees until your Learners Token is received
- The University will assume you are self funded, if you fail to submit your Learners Token or submit it to the wrong Department and you will be invoiced for full amount of your fees
- Tokens cannot be claimed after the expiry date
- Please note that these awards do not cover course materials which must be paid for separately
- If you are applying for more than one course you will receive a token for each course, therefore please submit all tokens
Postgraduate & Fees Team
The Students' Union Building
Tel: 01224 273505