Anca-Larisa Sandu is a graduate in Medical Bioengineering (1995-2001) from “Gr. T. Popa” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Iasi, Romania. She received a MSc in “Nonlinearity and Self-organization in Complex Systems” from ”Al.I.Cuza” University, Faculty of Physics in the same city (2001-2003). She completed her PhD with the dissertation “MRI measures of brain volume and cortical complexity in clinical groups and during development” under the direction of Prof. Kenneth Hugdahl, Bergen fMRI Group, Department of Biological and Medical Psychology, University of Bergen, Norway (2004-2009). Thereafter she moved to France where she continued her research, as a post-doc, on brain imaging using also VBM and fMRI approaches in Research Unit INSERM – CEA 1000, Neuroimaging & Psychiatry, Paris Sud University (2009-2012). Since 2012 she has been with the University of Aberdeen, where she is a research fellow in Prof. Alison Murray’s team.
Structural and functional MRI, brain imaging, developing quantitative neuroimaging methods, image processing and analysis, cognitive neuropsychology, mental disorders, brain development and ageing
External: Prof. Arvid Lundervold, Departament of Biomedicine, University of Bergen
Page 1 of 3 Results 1 to 10 of 24
- Habota, T, Sandu, A-L, Waiter, GD, McNeil, CJ, Steele, JD, Macfarlane, JA, Whalley, HC, Valentine, R, Younie, D, Crouch, N, Hawkins, EL, Hirose, Y, Romaniuk, L, Milburn, K, Buchan, G, Coupar, T, Stirling, M, Baljit, J, MacLennan, B, Priba, L, Harris, MA, Hafferty, JD, Adams, MJ, Campbell, AI, MacIntyre, DJ, Pattie, A, Murphy, L, Reynolds, RM, Elliot, R, Penton-Voak, IS, Munafò, MR, Evans, KL, Seckl, JR, Wardlaw, JM, Lawrie, SM, Haley, CS, Porteous, DJ, Deary, IJ, Murray, AD & McIntosh, AM 2019, 'Cohort profile for the STratifying Resilience and Depression Longitudinally (STRADL) study: A depression-focused investigation of Generation Scotland, using detailed clinical, cognitive, and neuroimaging assessments', Wellcome open research. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.12688/wellcomeopenres.15538.1
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Waiter, GD, Habota, T, Younie, DA, McNeil, CJ, McIntosh, AM & Murray, AD 2019, 'Differences in brain functional connectivity networks between cognitive decliners and sustainers' SINAPSE Annual Scientific Meeting 2019, Dundee, United Kingdom, 21/06/19, .
- de Vries, C, Staff, RT, Waiter, GD, Sokunbi, MO, Sandu, AL & Murray, AD 2019, 'Motion during Acquisition is Associated with fMRI Brain Entropy', IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JBHI.2019.2907189
- Romaniuk, L, Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Waiter, GD, McNeil, CJ, Xueyi, S, Harris, MA, Macfarlane, JA, Lawrie, SM, Deary, IJ, Murray, AD, Delgardo, MR, Steele, JD, McIntosh, AM & Whalley, HC 2019, 'The Neurobiology of Personal Control During Reward Learning and Its Relationship to Mood', Biological Psychiatry: Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuroimaging, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 190-199. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpsc.2018.09.015
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Habota, T, Waiter, GD, McNeil, CJ, Hannaford, E, Clark, H, McIntosh, AM & Murray, AD 2018, 'Cortical complexity predicts IQ' SINAPSE Annual Scientific Meeting, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 25/06/18, .
- Dubol, M, Trichard, C, Leroy, C, Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Rahim, M, Granger, B, Tzavara, ET, Karila, L, Martinot, J-L & Artiges, E 2018, 'Dopamine Transporter and Reward Anticipation in a Dimensional Perspective: A Multimodal Brain Imaging Study', Neuropsychopharmacology, vol. 43, pp. 820-827. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/npp.2017.183
- McNeil, CJ, Myint, PK, Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Potter, JF, Staff, R, Whalley, LJ & Murray, AD 2018, 'Increased diastolic blood pressure is associated with MRI biomarkers of dementia-related brain pathology in normative ageing', Age and Ageing, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 95-100. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afx102
- Rana, AK, Sandu, A-L, Robertson, KL, McNeil, CJ, Whalley, LJ, Staff, RT & Murray, AD 2017, 'A comparison of measurement methods of hippocampal atrophy rate for predicting Alzheimer's dementia in the Aberdeen Birth Cohort of 1936', Alzheimer's & Dementia: Diagnosis, Assessment & Disease Monitoring, vol. 6, pp. 31-39. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dadm.2016.11.007
- Sandu, A-L, Artiges, E, Galinowski, A, Gallarda, T, Bellivier, F, Lemaitre, H, Granger, B, Ringuenet, D, Tzavara, ET, Martinot, J-L & Paillère Martinot, M-L 2017, 'Amygdala and regional volumes in treatment-resistant versus nontreatment-resistant depression patients', Depression and Anxiety, vol. 34, pp. 1065-1071. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/da.22675
- Dubol, M, Trichard, C, Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Leroy, C, Rahim, M, Martinot, J-L & Artiges, E 2017, 'Dopamine Transporter and Reward Anticipation in Psychiatric Patients: A Positron Emission Tomography and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study' Society of Biological Psychiatry (SOBP), Annual Scientific Convention and Meeting, San Diego, United States, 15/05/17, pp. S117-S118.