The facilities at ABIC dedicated to radiotracer production, clinical and preclinical PET Imaging research are detailed below.
Contact: Prof Matteo Zanda
- Preclinical PET CT scanner
The pre-clinical PET scanner (Sedecal eXplore Vista CT PET) is located in the Medical Research Facility. The scanner is used for a range of pre-clinical and translational studies.
Contact: Professor Andy Welch
- Clinical PET CT scanner
The clinical PET scanner (a GE Discovery STe PET CT) is located in a purpose built facility, adjacent to the tracer development facility, nuclear medicine and MRI units. The scanner is operated by the NHS nuclear medicine department, with dedicated University research sessions.
- PET Tracer Production
The John Mallard Scottish PET CENTRE is providing an 18-FDG production service to support the onsite clinical PET/CT scanner as well as developing, synthesising and analysing novel and established PET radiotracers for clinical and preclinical research.
The facility comprises of:
- The RDS 111 Cyclotron (CTI/SIEMENS)
- The cyclotron is capable of producing the following short lived PET radio isotopes: F-18 (T1/2: 109.8min), C-11 (T1/2: 20.4min), N-13 (T1/2: 9.96min) and O-15 (T1/2: 2.04min)
- The Radiopharmaceutical GMP Suite
- The GMP production room is equipped with 2x hot cells (COMECER: MIP & BBS) and a Grade A isolator (AMERCARE) facilitated with an Automated Dose Dispenser (AMERCARE).
- The hot cells currently encase a Tracerlab Fx FDG (BBS) for 18-FDG production and a Tracerlab Fx c PRO (MIP) for C-11 radiotracer synthesis.
- The PET Radiochemistry Research Laboratory & adjacent Clean Room for aseptic dispensing
- The research laboratory is equipped with 5x hot cells (Von Gahlen) as well as an Eckert & Ziegler Modular lab system, a Nuclear Interface/Tracerlab (GE) F-18 synthesis module and various in house constructed synthesis modules designed for C-11, O-15 and N-13 tracer production.
- The clean room is equipped with a Grade A isolator (AMERCARE) used for aseptic dispensing.
- The Quality Control Laboratory
- The QC area is equipped with 2x fume cupboards, 4x HPLCs, LC-MS, GC, TLC Scanner, pH meter, laminar flow cabinet, osmometer and an endotoxin testing unit (PTS).