- 3T Achieva Clinical MRI scanner
Our 3.0 T Philips Achieva research MR scanner, is located in the Lilian Sutton Building (LSB) at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (ARI) at Foresterhill.
- Preclinical 4.7 micro MRI scanner
The 4.7 Tesla MRI system is used for research projects investigating human disease. The system consists of
- Magnex 4.7 Tesla superconducting magnet
- MR Solutions console and pulse programmer
- Magnex shielded gradient coils with Techron drivers capable of producing field gradients of 90mT/m with rise times of 200 µs
- Morris Instruments birdcage transmit/receive coil, and other RF coils of in-house design
Please contact Dr Hugh Seton for more information.