Roger Staff was born in London and studied physics at UEA. He moved to Aberdeen in 1988 and completed his PhD in medical physics in 1994. He has worked for the NHS since 1991 and currently leads the clinical physics imaging team at NHS-Grampian. His other interests include Intelligence and social mobility.
(Since 1999) founding member of the Aberdeen 1921 & 1936 birth cohort study group with three critical responsibilities for (1) hypothesis generation and hypothesis testing; (2) brain imaging and image analysis; (3) Advance data modelling of complex databases; (Since 2003 with Taurx) the imaging the effects tau aggregation inhibition and the use of surrogate imaging measures in drug development; (Since 2008) the development of structural and temporal (fMRI) complexity measures for use in ageing and neurodegenerative disease; (Since 2012) The prognostic value of automated analysis of sequential retinal images in diabetic retinopathy. The use of external quality assurance programs in diabetic retinopathy.
Page 4 of 8 Results 31 to 40 of 78
- Whalley, LJ, Duthie, SJ, Collins, AR, Starr, JM, Deary, IJ, Lemmon, H, Duthie, AC, Murray, AD & Staff, RT 2014, 'Homocysteine, antioxidant micronutrients and late onset dementia', European Journal of Nutrition, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 277-285. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00394-013-0526-6
- Prescott, G, Sharp, P, Goatman, K, Scotland, G, Fleming, A, Philip, S, Staff, R, Santiago, C, Borooah, S, Broadbent, D, Chong, V, Dodson, P, Harding, S, Leese, G, Megaw, R, Styles, C, Swa, K, Wharton, H & Olson, J 2014, 'Improving the cost-effectiveness of photographic screening for diabetic macular oedema: a prospective, multi-centre, UK study', British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 98, no. 8, pp. 1042-1049. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bjophthalmol-2013-304338
- Sokunbi, MO, Gradin, VB, Waiter, GD, Cameron, GG, Ahearn, TS, Murray, AD, Steele, DJ & Staff, RT 2014, 'Nonlinear complexity analysis of brain FMRI signals in schizophrenia', PloS ONE, vol. 9, no. 5, e95146. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0095146
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Staff, RT, McNeil, CJ, Mustafa, N, Ahearn, T, Whalley, LJ & Murray, AD 2014, 'Structural brain complexity and cognitive decline in late life: A longitudinal study in the Aberdeen 1936 Birth Cohort', Neuroimage, vol. 100, pp. 558-563. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2014.06.054
- Murray, AD, Staff, RT, McNeil, CJ, Salarirad, S, Phillips, LH, Starr, J, Deary, IJ & Whalley, LJ 2013, 'Depressive symptoms in late life and cerebrovascular disease: the importance of intelligence and lesion location', Depression and Anxiety, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 77-84. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/da.22022
- Whalley, LJ, Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Deary, IJ & Starr, JM 2013, 'Genetic and environmental factors in late onset dementia: possible role for early parental death', International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 75-81. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.3792
- Whalley, LJ, Sharma, S, Fox, HC, Murray, AD, Staff, RT, Duthie, AC, Deary, IJ & Starr, JM 2012, 'Anticholinergic drugs in late life: adverse effects on cognition but not on progress to dementia', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 253-261. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-2012-110935
- Murray, AD, Staff, RT, McNeil, CJ, Salarirad, S, Starr, JM, Deary, IJ & Whalley, LJ 2012, 'Brain lesions, hypertension and cognitive aging in the 1921 and 1936 Aberdeen birth cohorts', Age, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 451-459. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11357-011-9233-5
- Mustafa, N, Ahearn, TS, Waiter, GD, Murray, AD, Whalley, LJ & Staff, RT 2012, 'Brain structural complexity and life course cognitive change', Neuroimage, vol. 61, no. 3, pp. 694-701. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2012.03.088
- Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Ahearn, TS, Mustafa, N, Fox, HC & Whalley, LJ 2012, 'Childhood socioeconomic status and adult brain size: Childhood socioeconomic status influences adult hippocampal size', Annals of Neurology, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 653-660. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ana.22631