Roger Staff was born in London and studied physics at UEA. He moved to Aberdeen in 1988 and completed his PhD in medical physics in 1994. He has worked for the NHS since 1991 and currently leads the clinical physics imaging team at NHS-Grampian. His other interests include Intelligence and social mobility.
(Since 1999) founding member of the Aberdeen 1921 & 1936 birth cohort study group with three critical responsibilities for (1) hypothesis generation and hypothesis testing; (2) brain imaging and image analysis; (3) Advance data modelling of complex databases; (Since 2003 with Taurx) the imaging the effects tau aggregation inhibition and the use of surrogate imaging measures in drug development; (Since 2008) the development of structural and temporal (fMRI) complexity measures for use in ageing and neurodegenerative disease; (Since 2012) The prognostic value of automated analysis of sequential retinal images in diabetic retinopathy. The use of external quality assurance programs in diabetic retinopathy.
Page 3 of 8 Results 21 to 30 of 78
- Gauthier, S, Feldman, HH, Schneider, LS, Wilcock, GK, Frisoni, GB, Hardlund, JH, Moebius, HJ, Bentham, P, Kook, KA, Wischik, DJ, Schelter, BO, Davis, CS, Staff, RT, Bracoud, L, Shamsi, K, Storey, JMD, Harrington, CR & Wischik, CM 2016, 'Efficacy and safety of tau-aggregation inhibitor therapy in patients with mild or moderate Alzheimer's disease: a randomised, controlled, double-blind, parallel-arm, phase 3 trial ', The Lancet, vol. 388, no. 10062, pp. 2873-2884. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(16)31275-2
- Chapko, D, Staff, RT, McNeil, CJ, Whalley, LJ, Black, C & Murray, AD 2016, 'Late-life deficits in cognitive, physical and emotional functions, childhood intelligence and occupational profile: a life-course examination of the Aberdeen 1936 Birth Cohort (ABC1936)', Age and Ageing, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 486-493. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afw061
- Vuksanovic, V, Staff, R, Ahearn, T, Morson, SM, Bentham, P, Murray, AD & Wischik, CM 2016, 'Neural correlates of cognitive and behavioural impairments in behavioural variant of frontotemporal dementia: A voxel based morphometry analysis', SINAPSE Annual Scientific Meeting (2016), Stirling, United Kingdom, 17/06/16.
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Rana, A, Robertson, KL, Ahearn, T, McNeil, CJ, Staff, R & Murray, AD 2015, 'A longitudinal study of cognitive and hippocampal ageing in late life', British Neuroscience Association, 2015 Festival of Neuroscience, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 12/04/15 - 15/04/15.
- Sokunbi, MO, Cameron, GG, Ahearn, TS, Murray, AD & Staff, RT 2015, 'Fuzzy approximate entropy analysis of resting state fMRI signal complexity across the adult life span', Medical Engineering & Physics, vol. 37, no. 11, pp. 1082-1090. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.medengphy.2015.09.001
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, McNeil, CJ, Stringer, M, Ahearn, T, Whalley, L, Staff, R & Murray, AD 2015, 'Mapping the cortical complexity and cognitive decline in late life', Alzheimer's research UK 2015, London, United Kingdom, 10/03/15 - 11/03/15.
- Wischik, CM, Harbaran, DV, Riedel, G, Deiana, S, Goatman, EA, Wischik, DJ, Murray, AD & Staff, RT Dec. 15 2015, Phenothiazine compounds for treating mild cognitive impairment, Patent No. US9211294.
- Wischik, CM, Staff, RT, Wischik, DJ, Bentham, P, Murray, AD, Storey, JMD, Kook, KA & Harrington, CR 2015, 'Tau Aggregation Inhibitor Therapy: An Exploratory Phase 2 Study in Mild or Moderate Alzheimer's Disease', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 705-720. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-142874
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Staff, R, McNeil, CJ, Mustafa, N, Ahearn, T, Whalley, L & Murray, AD 2014, 'A longitudinal study of human brain complexity and cognitive decline in ageing', Organization of Human Brain Mapping meeting (OHBM), Hamburgh, Germany, 8/06/14 - 12/06/14. <> [Online] DOI: https://f1000research.com/posters/1096705
- Murray, AD, McNeil, CJ, Salarirad, S, Whalley, LJ & Staff, RT 2014, 'Early life socioeconomic circumstances and late life brain hyperintensities: a population based cohort study', PloS ONE, vol. 9, no. 2, e88969. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0088969