Roger Staff was born in London and studied physics at UEA. He moved to Aberdeen in 1988 and completed his PhD in medical physics in 1994. He has worked for the NHS since 1991 and currently leads the clinical physics imaging team at NHS-Grampian. His other interests include Intelligence and social mobility.
(Since 1999) founding member of the Aberdeen 1921 & 1936 birth cohort study group with three critical responsibilities for (1) hypothesis generation and hypothesis testing; (2) brain imaging and image analysis; (3) Advance data modelling of complex databases; (Since 2003 with Taurx) the imaging the effects tau aggregation inhibition and the use of surrogate imaging measures in drug development; (Since 2008) the development of structural and temporal (fMRI) complexity measures for use in ageing and neurodegenerative disease; (Since 2012) The prognostic value of automated analysis of sequential retinal images in diabetic retinopathy. The use of external quality assurance programs in diabetic retinopathy.
Page 1 of 8 Results 1 to 10 of 78
- Khezrian, M, Waymont, JMJ, Myint, PK, McNeil, CJ, Whalley, L, Staff, R & Murray, AD 2020, 'Aspirin moderates the association between cardiovascular risk, brain white matter hyperintensity total lesion volume and processing speed in normal ageing', Maturitas, vol. 133, pp. 49-53. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2020.01.001
- Shiells, H, Schelter, BO, Bentham, P, Baddeley, TC, Rubino, CM, Ganesan, H, Hammel, J, Vuksanovic, V, Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Bracoud, L, Wischik, DJ, Riedel, G, Gauthier, S, Jia, J, Moebius, HJ, Hardlund, J, Kipps, CM, Kook, K, Storey, JMD, Harrington, CR & Wischik, CM 2020, 'Concentration-Dependent Activity of Hydromethylthionine on Clinical Decline and Brain Atrophy in a Randomized Controlled Trial in Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 501-519. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-191173
- de Vries, CF, Staff, R, Noble, KG, Muetzel, RL, Vernooij, MW, White, T, Waiter, GD & Murray, AD 2020, 'Klotho gene polymorphism, brain structure and cognition in early-life development', Brain Imaging and Behavior, vol. 14, pp. 213-225. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11682-018-9990-1
- de Vries, C, Staff, RT, Waiter, GD, Sokunbi, MO, Sandu, AL & Murray, AD 2020, 'Motion during Acquisition is Associated with fMRI Brain Entropy', IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 586-593. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/JBHI.2019.2907189
- Schelter, BO, Shiells, HC, Baddeley, TC, Rubino, CM, Ganesan, H, Hammel, J, Vuksanovic, V, Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Bracoud, L, Riedel, G, Gauthier, S, Jia, J, Bentham, P, Kook, K, Storey, JMD, Harrington, CR & Wischik, CM 2019, 'Concentration-Dependent Activity of Hydromethylthionine on Cognitive Decline and Brain Atrophy in Mild to Moderate Alzheimer’s Disease', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 931-946. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-190772
- Vuksanovic, V, Staff, RT, Ahearn, T, Murray, AD & Wischik, CM 2019, 'Cortical Thickness and Surface Area Networks in Healthy Aging, Alzheimer’s Disease and Behavioral Variant Fronto-Temporal Dementia', International Journal of Neural Systems, vol. 29, no. 6, 1850055. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S0129065718500557
- Pitts, S, Philip, S, Prescott, G, Ahmed, A, Xu, J, Staff, R, Sharp, P & Olson, J 2018, 'Distribution of retinal microaneurysms in diabetic retinopathy using automated retinal image analysis', Diabetic Medicine, vol. 35, no. S1, P466, pp. 182. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.53_13571
- McNeil, CJ, Myint, PK, Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Potter, JF, Staff, R, Whalley, LJ & Murray, AD 2018, 'Increased diastolic blood pressure is associated with MRI biomarkers of dementia-related brain pathology in normative ageing', Age and Ageing, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 95-100. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afx102
- Staff, RT, Hogan, MJ, Williams, DS & Whalley, LJ 2018, 'Intellectual engagement and cognitive ability in later life (the "use it or lose it" conjecture): Longitudinal, prospective study', BMJ (Online), vol. 363, k4925. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.k4925
- Chapko, D, McCormack, R, Black, C, Staff, R & Murray, A 2018, 'Life-course determinants of cognitive reserve (CR) in cognitive aging and dementia: a systematic literature review', Aging & Mental Health, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 915-926. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13607863.2017.1348471