Confocal laser scanning microscopy permits high resolution optical sectioning without compromising specimen integrity. Used extensively for many sample types, including live cell studies, tissue sections
Some advantages of using confocal microscopy include:
- Elimination of out of focus planes, yielding sharper images than conventional fluorescence microscopy
- Analysis of thick specimens
- Collection of data sets for subsequent three dimensional reconstruction
- Ability to collect two images simultaneously from specimens labelled with multiple fluorochromes
- LSM880 Airyscan
- LSM 880 + Airyscan Fast - installed Feb 2018
- Lasers 405, 488, 514, 561, 694, 633
- Quasar detector
You get perfect optical sections and resolve structures of 120 nm (in x, y) and 350 nm (in z) even in thick samples. Plus, Airyscan gives you an instant 4 – 8× improvement of signal-to-noise (SNR).
You will also be harnessing this unique combination of greater SNR and resolution at increased acquisition speeds of 27fps (at 480 x 480 pixels).
- LSM 710
- Inverted motorised microscope
- Motorised stage
- 4 lasers (DAPI, FITC, TRITC, CY5)
- Temperature and CO2 controlled incubator for live cell work
- new ZEN 2012 software
- Spinning Disk
More information. Greater accuracy. Endless possibilities.
When a vesicle disappears, where does it go? How does a membrane change across the whole cell? How many bacteria are invading a cell? You face biological mysteries that 2D imaging alone can't unravel. But with the UltraVIEW VoX 3D live cell imaging system, you can find all the answers you're looking for. It's the only 3D spinning disk system that offers acquisition to analysis. Not only will UltraVIEW VoX tell you more about cellular structure and function than other systems, 3D analysis also provides greater context to cellular changes and more accurate results.
The UltraVIEW VoX features leading innovation, such as the advanced Yokogawa® CSU-X1 spinning disk scanner, patented ProSync® technology and award-winning Volocity® software. With this system, you can achieve faster acquisition rates, greater sample protection and higher image data quality than you ever imagined. With the power of 3D live cell imaging, picture all that you can do with your research.
PerkinElmer gives you the only 3D spinning disk solution from acquisition to analysis for multiple applications.
Contact facility staff for more details.