Leone Craig graduated from the University of Aberdeen with a BSc (Honours) in Health Sciences and an MSc in Human Nutrition & Metabolism. In 2005 she completed a PhD in Nutrition at The Robert Gordon University focussing on the area of childhood obesity.
She joined the Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine in October 2003 as a Research Assistant on the SEATON study. She was a Research Fellow in Public Health Nutrition from June 2005 to December 2017 when she moved to her current post of Teaching Fellow in Applied Health Sciences.
Dietary assessment and cross-sectional and cohort studies of diet and health in children and adults. Early life nutrition including infant feeding and childhood obesity.
A positive deviance approach to determine strategies for improving diet quality.
Measurement and communication of healthy sustainable diets.
Comparison of methods for global assessment of diets.
Development and testing of nutritional resources for adolescents from a low socio-economic background.
- The Study of Eczema and Asthma To Observe the influence of Nutrition (SEATON) longitudinal study.
- Aberdeen Birth Cohort (ABC) 1936 & 1921.
Secondary Analysis of the Survey of Sugar Intake among Children in Scotland (Food Standards Agency Scotland) 2007-2008. £69,040. McNeill G, Masson L, Craig L, Macdiarmid J, Holmes B.
A prospective study exploring the early infant feeding experiences of parents and their significant others during the first 6 months of life: what would make a difference? (NHS Health Scotland) 2009-2010. £89,754. Hoddinott P, Craig L, McInnes R.
Survey of diet, influences on food choices and eating practices among children in Scotland in 2010 (Food Standards Agency Scotland) 2010-2011. £468,204. Masson L, McNeill G, Macdiarmid J, Craig L, Bromley C.
Feasibility study for a trial of proactive telephone support for breastfeeding women (NHS Grampian) 2010-2011. £46,007. Hoddinott P, Craig L, McNicol J, Chick C, Riach J.
Qualitative Evaluation of the Eat, Play and Grow Well Programme (NHS Grampian) 2010-2011. £29,991. Craig L, Douglas F.
Development and clinical piloting of a dietary soup intervention during pregnancy with the aim of reducing the likelihood of childhood asthma (Baxters, Knowledge Exchange Transfer Fund, UoA Development Trust) 2012-2013. £52,487. Devereux G, Clark J, McNeill G, Norrie J, Craig L, Danielian P, Turner S.
Research to inform the development of a child healthy weight intervention for pre-school children (NHS Grampian) 2012-2013. £29,500. Craig L, Douglas F, Clark J, Jackson D, McNeill G, Reid V.
2017/2018-present Programme co-coordinator MSc Global Health & Management
2018/2019 Course co-coordinator PU5042 Introduction to Global Health online course
2018/2019 Course co-coordinator PU5505 Global Health (MSc Global Health & Management programme)
2016/17-present Course coordinator PU5534 Public Health Nutrition (MSc Human Nutrition programme)
2015/16 Assistant course coordinator PU5504 Public Health Nutrition (MSc Human Nutrition programme)
Lecturer on MSc Human Nutrition programme (Assessment of Nutritional Status, Nutrition and Health, Public Health Nutrition specialism courses)
Supervision of MSc Human Nutrition, Masters in Public Health, MSc Global Health & Management research projects
- Further Info
Member of the Nutrition Society Scottish Section CommitteeMember of the NHS Grampian Maternal & Infant Nutrition/Child Healthy Weight Steering GroupMember of the National Child Healthy Weight Evaluation Advisory Group
Page 1 of 9 Results 1 to 10 of 81
- Mohamad, H, Ntessalen, M, Craig, LCA, Clark, J, Fielding, S, N'Dow, J, Heys, SD & McNeill, G 2019, 'A self-help diet and physical activity intervention with dietetic support for weight management in men treated for prostate cancer: pilot study of the Prostate Cancer Weight Management (PRO-MAN) randomised controlled trial', British Journal of Nutrition, vol. 122, no. 5, pp. 592-600. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114519001090
- Slater, RL, Chalmers, NG & Craig, LCA 2019, 'Greenhouse gas emissions of UK diets', Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, vol. 78, no. OCE2, E65. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S0029665119000910
- Devereux, G, Craig, L, Seaton, A & Turner, S 2019, 'Maternal vitamin D and E intakes in pregnancy and asthma to age 15 years: A cohort study', Pediatric Pulmonology, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 11-19. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/ppul.24184
- Newlands, R, Ntessalen, M, Clark, J, Fielding, S, Hoddinott, P, Heys, SD, McNeill, G & Craig, LCA 2019, 'Pilot randomised controlled trial of Weight Watchers® referral with or without dietitian-led group support for weight loss in women treated for breast cancer: the BRIGHT (BReast cancer weIGHT loss) trial.', Pilot & Feasibility Studies, vol. 5, 24. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s40814-019-0405-x
- Scott, HC, Craddock, C & Craig, LCA 2019, 'What features of a nutrition resource are important to adolescents with a low socioeconomic status?', Public Health Nutrition.
- Whybrow, S, Craig, LCA & Macdiarmid, JI 2018, 'Dietary patterns of households in Scotland: Differences by level of deprivation and associations with dietary goals', Nutrition and Health, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 29-35. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0260106017745389
- Hollis, JL, Whybrow, S, Craig, LCA, Clark, H, Garden, L & McNeill, G 2018, 'Estimating plate-based model food proportions in adults living in Scotland using short dietary assessment questionnaires', Nutrition and Dietetics, pp. 1-11. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1747-0080.12441
- Copperstone, CS, Douglas, FCG, Craig, LCA & Jackson, D 2018, 'Parents and School Children Talking about Food and Drink Choices – A Focus Group Study', Health Behavior and Policy Review, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 28-39. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.14485/HBPR.5.1.3
- Hollis, JL, Craig, LCA, Whybrow, S, Clark, H, Kyle, JAM & McNeill, G 2017, 'Assessing the relative validity of the Scottish Collaborative Group FFQ for measuring dietary intake in adults', Public Health Nutrition, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 449-455 . [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S1368980016002421
- Carstairs, SA, Craig, LCA, Marais, D & Kiezebrink, K 2017, 'Factors influencing mothers' decisions on whether to provide seafood during early years' feeding: A qualitative study', Appetite, vol. 108, pp. 277-287. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.appet.2016.10.010