The Chief Scientist Office announces call for proposals for health informatics research
The use of e-health records and population based datasets in combination with information from other sources provides opportunities for research to improve the quality, efficacy and delivery of healthcare. CSO wishes to fund a minimum of ten research projects to demonstrate the application, and facilitate the use and linkage of,...
ADRC Scotland - data linkage and access scoping report
On 10September 2014 the ADLS reported that the Administrative Data Research Centre – Scotland has produced an overview of the regulatory context in which administrative data linkages currently operate in Scotland, highlighting the crucial legal and ethical issues which arise from the current mixed legal landscape under which administrative data linkages operate. Adopting...
Farr @ Scotland newsletter - September 2014
Latest News Linking and using Health and Social Care data in Scotland Attendees from a broad range of stakeholders met at the Edinburgh centre on 22 May 2014 to discuss progress with linking health and social care data. Significant challenges remain, particularly in terms of agreeing information governance requirements, data access processes,...
Grampian Renal Observatory - a platform for improving renal care (Farr Institute @ Scotland)
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen have demonstrated how increased digital capture of data and Safe Haven architecture to link data from different sources to create bespoke study datasets provides a valuable approach to improve health surveillance, service planning and patient care. Chronic kidney disease (CKD), affects 10% of the...
Data trust deficit - Royal Statistical Society
The new research, conducted by Ipsos MORI, indicates a ‘data trust deficit’ in UK institutions. It also contains lessons for policymakers who are interested in data sharing. The research finds that the media, along with internet, telecommunications and insurance companies all come at the bottom of a ‘trust in data’ league...
Funding Opportunities Collated by Farr UK
A list of funding opportunities relevant to those working in the field of health informatics research
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2018
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2018
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2018
- May There are no items to show for May 2018
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2018
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2018
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2018
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2018
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2018
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2018
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2018
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2016
- May There are no items to show for May 2016
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2016