After a varied career in community and social work, Kevin moved into the field of educational research. Following 5 years as a research officer for a careers service in England, Kevin was responsible for research, policy and planning in Children's Services in a local authority in Scotland from 2004 to 2017. Recently Kevin has worked on two Forestry Commission-funded projects: Natural Partners Project; and Career Pathways into Forestry. In 2018 Kevin joined the Walk With Ease Project in the Epidemiology Group.
Kevin is interested in the (re-)production of social inequality from a Bourdieusian theoretical perspective.
Mixed methods study of participants' perceptions of the impact of the Walk With Ease programme.
Investigating the impact of outdoor learning and nature experiences on children and young people as part of a Forestry Commission Scotland-funded research project (Natural Partners Project).
The Career Pathways into Foresty project is an exploration of young people's perceptions of forestry careers.
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 20
- Shanks, R, Scharlau, B, Saevanee, H & Stelfox, K 2018, Human and Technological Resources Needed to Develop and Sustain A City-Wide Educational Data Observatory. in BH Khan, JR Corbeil & ME Corbeil (eds), Responsible Analytics and Data Mining in Education: Global Perspectives on Quality, Support, and Decision-Making., 10, Routledge, New York.
- Allan, J, Catts, R & Stelfox, K 2012, Introduction. in J Allan & R Catts (eds), Social Capital, Children and Young People: Implications for practice, policy and research. Policy Press, pp. 1-11.
- Stelfox, K & Catts, R 2012, Transitions to secondary schooling: A social capital perspective. in J Allan & R Catts (eds), Social Capital, Children and Young People: Implications for practice, policy and research. Policy Press, pp. 159-180.
- Payne, F, Gooday, M & Stelfox, K 2009, An Interim Evaluation of the Aberdeen Reading Bus Project 2006-2008. University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
- Stelfox, K & Shanks, RK 2009, 'The Reading Bus, “A capital idea”', Paper presented at Centre for Research in Lifelong Learning International Conference, Stirling, United Kingdom, 23/06/09 - 26/06/09.
- Horne, J, Lingard, B, Benjamin, S, Forbes, J & Stelfox, K 2009, “Capitalizing on Sport”: Sport, Physical Education and Social Capitals in Three Scottish Independent Schools. in British Sociological Association Annual Conference: The Challenge of Global Social Inquiry. British Sociological Association Annual Conference, Cardiff, United Kingdom, 16/04/09.
- Benjamin, S, Lingard, B, Forbes, J & Stelfox, K 2008, Analysis of Capitals in Three Cases of Scottish Independent Schools. in European Conference on Educational Research . European Conference on Educational Research, (ECER). September 2008, Gothenburg ..., Gothenberg, United Kingdom, 2/09/08.
- Stelfox, K & Morrison, J 2008, 'Developing new meanings for pupil gains - teacher and pupil perspectives', Paper presented at STNE Seminar Pupil Engagement Pupil Gains, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 18/09/08.
- Forbes, J, Stelfox, K & Weiner, G 2008, Scottish Independent Schools Project: Emerging Themes. in Scottish Education Research Association Conference. Scottish Educational Research Association, Perth, United Kingdom, 27/11/08.
- Forbes, J, Lingard, B & Stelfox, K 2008, Scottish Independent Schools Project: Initial perspectives on themes emerging from the data. in Applied Educational Research Scheme. AERS Schools and Social Capital Network Workshop, Stirling, United Kingdom, 17/01/08.