Senior Trial Manager, CHaRT
Alison McDonald joined the Unit in 1993 to work on the Neonatal Examination and Screening Trial (NEST). Since then she has worked on several research projects, including the RECORD Study (a randomised controlled trial of daily oral vitamin D and calcium for the secondary prevention of osteoporosis related fractures in the elderly) and STEPS (Strategies for Trials Enrolment and Participation Study). She gained an MSc in Health Services and Public Health Research in 1999.
As the CHaRT Senior Trials Manager, Alison works across the CHaRT portfolio of trials and heads up a team of 15 trial managers.
All studies within the CHaRT portfolio.
- Further Info
Chair of Editorial Board of UKTMN Guide to Efficient Trial Management
Member of UKTMN Executive Group
Page 1 of 6 Results 1 to 10 of 51
- Murchie, P, Masthoff, J, Walter, FM, Rahman, K, Allan, JL, Burrows, N, Proby, C, Lee, AJ, Johnston, M, Durrani, A, Depasquale, I, Brant, B, Neilson, A, Meredith, F, Treweek, SP, Hall, SJ & McDonald, AM 2019, 'Achieving Self-Directed Integrated Cancer Aftercare (ASICA) in melanoma: Protocol for a randomised patient-focused pilot trial of delivering the ASICA intervention as a means to earlier detection of recurrent and second primary melanoma', Trials, vol. 20, 318. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-019-3453-x
- Lenguerrand, E, Winter, C, Siassakos, D, MacLennan, G, Innes, K, Lynch, P, Cameron, A, Crofts, J, McDonald, A, McCormack, K, Forrest, M, Norrie, J, Bhattacharya, S & Draycott, T 2019, 'Effect of hands-on interprofessional simulation training for local emergencies in Scotland: the THISTLE stepped-wedge design randomised controlled trial', BMJ Quality & Safety. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2018-008625
- Tandogdu, Z, Lewis, R, Duncan, A, Penegar, S, McDonald, A, Vale, L, Shen, J, Kelly, JD, Pickard, R, N Dow, J, Ramsay, C, Mostafid, H, Mariappan, P, Nabi, G, Creswell, J, Lazarowicz, H, McGrath, J, Taylor, E, Clark, E, Maclennan, G, Norrie, J, Hall, E & Heer, R 2019, 'Photodynamic versus white light-guided treatment of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer: A study protocol for a randomised trial of clinical and cost-effectiveness', BMJ Open, vol. 9, no. 9, e22268. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022268
- Tickle, M, Ricketts, DJN, Duncan, A, O'Malley, L, Donaldson, PM, Clarkson, JE, Black, M, Boyers, D, Donaldson, M, Floate, R, Forrest, MM, Fraser, A, Glenny, AM, Goulao, B, McDonald, A, Ramsay, CR, Ross, C, Walsh, T, Worthington, HV, Young, L, Bonetti, DL, Gouick, J, Mitchell, FE, Macpherson, LE, Lin, YL, Pretty, IA & Birch, S 2019, 'Protocol for a Randomised controlled trial to Evaluate the effectiveness and cost benefit of prescribing high dose Fluoride toothpaste in preventing and treating dental Caries in high-risk older adults (reflect trial)', BMC Oral Health, vol. 19, no. 1, 88. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s12903-019-0749-x
- Cooper, K, McCormack, K, Breeman, S, Wood, J, Scott, NW, Clark, J, Hawe, J, Hawthorn, R, Phillips, K, Hyde, A, McDonald, A, Forrest, M, Wileman, S, Scotland, G, Norrie, J, Bhattacharya, S & HEALTH Study Group 2018, 'HEALTH: laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy versus second-generation endometrial ablation for the treatment of heavy menstrual bleeding: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial', Trials, vol. 19, 63. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-017-2374-9
- Ramsay, CR, Clarkson, JE, Duncan, A, Lamont, TJ, Heasman, PA, Boyers, D, Goulão, B, Bonetti, D, Bruce, R, Gouick, J, Heasman, L, Lovelock-Hempleman, LA, Macpherson, LE, McCracken, GI, McDonald, AM, McLaren-Neil, F, Mitchell, FE, Norrie, JD, van der Pol, M, Sim, K, Steele, JG, Sharp, A, Watt, G, Worthington, HV & Young, L 2018, 'Improving the Quality of Dentistry (IQuaD): a cluster factorial randomised controlled trial comparing the effectiveness and cost-benefit of oral hygiene advice and/or periodontal instrumentation with routine care for the prevention and management of periodontal disease in dentate adults attending dental primary care', Health Technology Assessment, vol. 22, no. 38, pp. 1-144. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3310/hta22380
- Constable, L, Cotterill, N, Cooper, D, Glazener, C, Drake, MJ, Forrest, M, Harding, C, Kilonzo, M, MacLennan, G, McCormack, K, McDonald, A, Mundy, A, Norrie, J, Pickard, R, Ramsay, C, Smith, R, Wileman, S, Abrams, P & The MASTER Study Group 2018, 'Male synthetic sling versus artificial urinary sphincter trial for men with urodynamic stress incontinence after prostate surgery (MASTER): Study protocol for a randomised controlled trial', Trials, vol. 19, 131, pp. 1-17. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-018-2501-2
- McClinton, S, Cameron, S, Starr, K, Thomas, R, MacLennan, G, McDonald, A, Lam, T, N’Dow, J, Kilonzo, M, Pickard, R, Anson, K, Burgess, N, Clark, CT, MacLennan, S, Norrie, J & the TISU Study Group 2018, 'TISU: Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy, as first treatment option, compared with direct progression to ureteroscopic treatment, for ureteric stones: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial', Trials, vol. 19, no. 1, 286, pp. 1-11. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/s13063-018-2652-1
- King, AJ, Fernie, G, Azuara-Blanco, A, Burr, JM, Garway-Heath, T, Sparrow, JM, Vale, L, Hudson, J, MacLennan, G, McDonald, AM, Barton, K & Norrie, J 2018, 'Treatment of Advanced Glaucoma Study: a multicentre randomised controlled trial comparing primary medical treatment with primary trabeculectomy for people with newly diagnosed advanced glaucoma—study protocol', British Journal of Ophthalmology, vol. 102, no. 7, pp. 922-928. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bjophthalmol-2017-310902
- Denison, FC, Norrie, J, Lawton, J, Norman, JE, Scotland, G, McPherson, GC, McDonald, A, Forrest, M, Hudson, J, Brewin, J, Peace, M, Clarkson, C, Brook-Smith, S, Morrow, S, Hallowell, N, Hodges, L & Carruthers, KF 2017, 'A pragmatic group sequential, placebo-controlled, randomised trial to determine the effectiveness of glyceryl trinitrate for retained placenta (GOT-IT): a study protocol', BMJ Open, vol. 7, e017134. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2017-017134