An ongoing cluster of work around evidence based dentistry and methods to improve its research, as well as its implementation into dental practice.
- COVID-19 Dental Services Evidence Review (CoDER) Working Group – reviews available here: https://oralhealth.cochrane.org/news/aerosol-generating-procedures-and-their-mitigation-international-guidance-documents & here: https://oralhealth.cochrane.org/news/recommendations-re-opening-dental-services-rapid-review-international-sources
- GUIDE - Working with citizen scientists to improve GUideline Implementation in DEntistry
- Improving healthcare through advancing the evolution of audit and feedback
- PIP: Pulpotomy for the management of Irreversible Pulpitis in mature teeth
- SCRIPT: Selective Caries Removal In Posterior Teeth
- TiPTAP: Audit and feedback with or without Training in-Practice Targeting Antibiotic Prescribing (TiPTAP): a Cluster Randomised Trial in Dental Primary Care
- TRIADS: Translation Research in a Dental Setting (TRIADS) programme
- ERUPT: Evidence from Research Used in Preventive Treatment
- INTERVAL: Investigation of NICE technologies for Enabling Risk-Variable-Adjusted-Length Dental Recall Trial
- IQuaD: Improving the Quality of Dentistry: A randomised controlled trial comparing oral hygiene advice and periodontal instrumentation for the prevention and management of periodontal disease in dentate adults attending dental primary care
- VDP: Influencing patient oral hygiene behaviour: a (cluster) randomised trial of a theory based educational intervention for patients in general dental practice
- Complex designs in randomised clinical trials - a case study in dentistry
- External validity of DCEs: a case study of dental care
- Improving Quality in Healthcare: A Case Study in dental Primary Care in Scotland
Beatriz Goulao; email@example.com
Craig Ramsay; firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramsay CR, Clarkson JE, Duncan A, Lamont TJ, Heasman PA, Boyers D, et al. Improving the Quality of Dentistry (IQuaD): A cluster factorial randomised controlled trial comparing the effectiveness and cost-benefit of oral hygiene advice and/or periodontal instrumentation with routine care for the prevention and management of periodontal disease in dentate adults attending dental primary care. Health Technol Assess 2018;22(38)
Jan E Clarkson, Craig R Ramsay, Paul Averley, Debbie Bonetti, Dwayne Boyers, Louise Campbell, Graham R Chadwick, Anne Duncan, Andrew Elders, Jill Gouick, Andrew F Hall, Lynne Heasman, Peter A Heasman, Penny J Hodge, Clare Jones, Marilyn Laird, Thomas J Lamont, Laura A Lovelock, Isobel Madden, Wendy McCombes, Giles I McCracken, Alison M McDonald, Gladys McPherson, Lorna E Macpherson, Fiona E Mitchell, John DT Norrie, Nigel B Pitts, Marjon van der Pol, David NJ Ricketts, Margaret K Ross, James G Steele, Moira Swan, Martin Tickle, Pauline D Watt, Helen V Worthington and Linda Young. IQuaD dental trial; improving the quality of dentistry: a multicentre randomised controlled trial comparing oral hygiene advice and periodontal instrumentation for the prevention and management of periodontal disease in dentate adults attending dental primary care. BMC Oral Health 2013, 13:58
Jan E. Clarkson, Nigel B. Pitts, Debbie Bonetti, Dwayne Boyers, Hazel Braid, Robert Elford, Patrick A. Fee, Ruth Floate, Beatriz Goulão, Gerry Humphris, Ian Needleman, John D. T. Norrie, Fiona Ord, Marjon van der Pol, Craig R. Ramsay, David N. J. Ricketts, Helen V. Worthington, Linda Young and INTERVAL Trial Collaboration. INTERVAL (investigation of NICE technologies for enabling risk-variable-adjusted-length) dental recalls trial: a multicentre randomised controlled trial investigating the best dental recall interval for optimum, cost-effective maintenance of oral health in dentate adults attending dental primary care. BMC Oral Health 2018, 18:135 https://bmcoralhealth.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12903-018-0587-2
Clarkson JE, Young LV, Ramsay CR, Bonner BC, Bonetti D. How to influence patient oral hygiene behaviour effectively. Journal of Dental Research 2009; 88(10): 933-937
Clarkson JE, Ramsay CR, et al. The translation research in a dental setting (TRiaDS) programme protocol. Implementation Science 2010;5: 57.
Goulão, B., MacLennan, G. & Ramsay, C. 'The split-plot design was useful for evaluating complex, multi-level interventions but there is need for improvement in its design and report'. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. [ONLINE] DOI: 10.1016/J.JCLINEPI.2017.10.019
Goulão, B. (2020) ‘Statistical and methodological aspects of complex randomised controlled trials in oral health', PhD Thesis, HSRU, University of Aberdeen.
Boyers, D. (2020) 'External validity of discrete choice experiments: an application to the valuation of dental care', PhD Thesis, HERU, University of Aberdeen.