Please click on one of the tabs below to see what training is currently available.
Attending GCP courses is an essential requirement for any researcher involved in commercial or non-commercial studies. Please see local R&D website for further details and an application form.
NRS Introduction to GCP (CTIMP, core)
- Wednesday, 22 August 2018, 9am - 4.30pm
- Friday, 16 November 2018, 9am - 4.30pm
NRS GCP training (CTIMP, update)
- Monday, 2 July 2018, 12.45pm - 4.30pm
- Thursday, 11 October 2018, 12.45pm - 4.30pm
GRP for health care research (non-drug, core)
- Tuesday, 5 June 2018, 9.30am - 12.30pm, room 218, Suttie Centre
- Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 9.30am - 12.30pm, venue TBC
- Wednesday, 15 August 2018, 9.30am - 12.30pm, venue TBC
- Tuesday, 11 September 2018, 1.30pm - 4.30pm, venue TBC
GRP for health care research (non-drug, update)
- Thursday, 7 June 2018, 10am - 12 noon, room 210, Suttie Centre
- Thursday, 19 July 2018, 1.30pm - 3.30pm, venue TBC
- Monday, 20 August 2018, 1.30pm - 3.30pm, venue TBC
- Wednesday, 12 September 2018, 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Please note, all training is held in Room 115, Health Sciences Building, Foresterhill (unless otherwise stated).
The Research Practice Series
The Research Practice Series are courses that build upon and supplement the Good Clinical Practice (Core) training. They provide more detailed information on practical aspects of research and will be useful for those involved in performing specific study tasks.
This course covers the UK and Scottish legislation as well as practicalities of informed consent. The course makes reference to procedures for obtaining informed consent from adults, adults lacking capacity and children. All researchers are welcome to attend, but especially those who are required to obtain informed consent from study participants.
- Thursday, 2 August 2018, 1.30pm - 4.30pm, venue TBC
The course covers Data Management, including Trial Master Files; Source Documentation; Linking Datasets; Archiving and more. Whilst still undertaking an informal approach, the course introduces the practicalities of study documentation through scenario-based activities. All researchers are welcome to attend, but especially those who are required to maintain research documentation.
- Thursday, 17 May 2018, 1.30pm - 4.30pm, Macgillvray Centre, tutorial room 1
- Tuesday, 14 August 2018, 9.30am - 12.30pm, venue TBC
The Ethics Process
This course offers practical help to those finding their way around the ethics process for either the first time, or who have questions regarding the process. It gives hints and tips on applying for ethical approval and gives details of the Integrated Research Application System (IRAS). All researchers are welcome to attend, but especially those who are required to prepare and submit ethical applications.
- Wednesday, 8 August 2018, 9am - 12 noon, room 115 HSB
All seminars must be pre-booked due to limited capacity in some venues; please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHSG R&D seminars: aspects of research practice
12 noon - 1pm, room 115, Health Sciences Building (unless otherwise stated)
- Tuesday, 29 May 2018, Sharon Southern, 'Recruitment and retention in research studies'.
- Tuesday, 26 June 2018, Alison Stewart, R&D Commercial Manager, 'Recruiting patients for research across Health Board boundaries - what you need to know'.
Research data and confidentiality www.byglearning.co.uk/mrcrsc-lms/
Web-streamed from Edinburgh, contact email@example.com for access on your PC