Building on a century of excellence and innovative pioneering research, the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health aims to fulfil its 10 year vision of becoming the foremost human nutrition research facility in the world. In doing so we are committed to meeting the real needs created by modern-day food and nutrition related challenges such as chronic disease and food security. Crucial to achieving this is the construction of a new state-of-the-art research facility in Aberdeen and we need your support as we launch a major fundraising campaign.
Located on the University of Aberdeen’s Foresterhill campus, this purpose-built, four-storey centre of excellence is due to be completed in 2014 and will provide world-class facilities including a specially designed Human Nutrition Unit, the largest of its kind in the UK.
Nutrition is central to many global problems and challenges including obesity, food security, malnutrition, healthy ageing and the prevention of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, obesity and diabetes. The main areas of research focus on the impact of nutrition on health and disease, lifelong health and the issues and challenges of food safety as the world’s population continues to grow.
As we progress plans to celebrate the Rowett’s centenary in 2013, this ground-breaking new facility in Aberdeen will ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of food and nutrition research for the next 100 years and beyond.
This new state-of-the-art research facility will provide many local and global benefits which will include:-
- Helping to prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes
- Providing key insights to enable healthy ageing and living a better, longer life
- Encouraging nutritional health from post-natal to old age
- Ensuring the sustainability of food supplies globally
- Addressing the problems and challenges of global agriculture
- Addressing the problems and challenges of food security as we re-examine the food journey from farm to fork
- Providing the food industry with innovative ways to increase economic growth and reach new markets by developing healthier products
For more information please click here.