A North East couple recently handed over an £800 donation to be split between the University's musculoskeletal and cardiovascular research.
Ian and Irene Wilson visited the University’s Institute of Medical Sciences at Foresterhill in November to hand over two donations totalling £800 after raising money at their golden wedding anniversary party in August. The couple celebrated their milestone with family and friends at the Portsoy Bowling Club and asked that donations be made to the University’s research in lieu of presents. Irene has been treated for osteoarthritis for a number of years and Ian has had treatment for cardiovascular problems in the past so both wanted to give something back to help future research in both areas.
They were welcomed and thanked by Professor Graeme Nixon, Chair in Vascular Physiology, Professor Cosimo de Bari, Chair in Translational Medicine and Research Fellow Dr Fiona Saunders. They were given a tour of the facility and laboratories and were able to see first-hand how their donations will be used to support the vital research being undertaken at the University.
Professor Cosimo de Bari said “Every donation we receive, whatever the amount, could not be more appreciated as every penny helps our research in so many different ways. We thank Mr and Mrs Wilson and all their party guests very much for their kind support.”
Fundraising income for cardiovascular and musculoskeletal research is channelled through the University of Aberdeen Development Trust which is an independent charity. The Trust raises essential funds to support much of the University’s activities such as vital medical research as well as supporting students through the provision of scholarships, bursaries and facilities.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010