A Highland couple recently handed over part of a £1,000 donation to thank staff for helping them conceive the baby they feared might never arrive.
Hazel and David Dunbar turned to the University of Aberdeen Fertility Clinic after trying for a family since getting married six years ago and finding out that help would be needed to make their dream come true.
After starting IVF in July 2013, which meant being away from home for the best part of a month and numerous trips back and fore between Thurso and Aberdeen, the couple are now very proud and doting parents to three-month-old Iain.
They recently returned to the Clinic to show off baby Iain and to hand over part of a £1,000 donation which they raised after David took part in the Castle of Mey 10K in May.
David said "We just wanted to do something to help other couples who are going through what we did, have a much-wanted family. We can't thank the Aberdeen Fertility Clinic enough for helping us to have Iain."
Fundraising income for the Aberdeen Fertility Clinic is channelled through the University of Aberdeen Development Trust which is an independent charity. The Trust raises essential funds to support much of the University's activities such as vital medical research as well as supporting students through the provision of scholarships, bursaries and facilities.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010