University of Aberdeen boat race team seek victory on the River Dee
The final crews for the 19th Aberdeen Asset Management Universities' Boat Race were announced last week following months of training from the eager students involved. The annual boat race will see Aberdeen's two universities, the University of Aberdeen and Robert Gordon University, go head to head to claim the title of boat race champion. For the University of Aberdeen, Boat Club president Lauren Cammaert carefully selected each crew member and hopefully her tactics will lead to victory on the day.
Competing for the University of Aberdeen team will be Lauren Cammaert (23) from Newfoundland, Canada, Ian Walker (19) from Edinburgh, Eilidh Manson (19) from Midlothian, Fiona Bell (18) from Kilmacolm, Tom Coles (20) from Callander, and Elliot Bruce (18), Henry Gieseler (21), Catriona Bain (22), and Jamie Steel (21) all from Aberdeen.
Andrew Laing Deputy Chief Executive at Aberdeen Asset Managment comments "We are proud to continue to sponsor the annual Aberdeen Asset Management Universities' Boat Race. The boat race is a celebrated sporting event in Scotland and both crews have displayed tremendous dedication and passion for the 2014 event, with intense training taking place in all weathers. The crews show admirable stamina in their ability to juggle their studies, work and rowing responsibilities and I'm sure, on 1st March, these last few months of hard work will pay off. I wish the best of luck to both teams."
Hoping to lead her team to claim the 15th boat race victory for the University of Aberdeen is president and cox Lauren Cammaert. Originally from Newfoundland, Canada, Lauren moved to Aberdeen in 1998 and is now studying Medicine. Lauren has been rowing for four years, initially starting as a rower and then moving on to become a cox, and has taken part in the boat race on two previous occasions. This will be Lauren's first year of competing as president for the University of Aberdeen and she believes she has created the perfect team to make it a winning year for the University.
The boat race takes place on the River Dee on Saturday 1st March at 1.45pm but further events on the day include the 2nd crew race at 12.20pm and the alumni race at 12.40pm. Students, alumni, supporters and friends of the University are urged to come along and show their true colours by supporting their team.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010