A craft club at the University of Aberdeen has raised £627 for the neurology ward at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary which is treating the fiance of one of its members
Nick Hayward, a PhD student at the University, has been in and out of ward 40 over the last three years for treatment for a non-cancerous brain tumour.
Despite undergoing a second round of surgery earlier this year, Nick has made such good progress he is about to successfully complete his PhD.
The Craft Club wanted to celebrate his achievements by giving the money from their first sale of work to the ward where Nick is being treated.
Nick’s fiancée Emma Morrison is one of the members of the craft club which meets at the University’s Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS).Founder club members Margaret Fraser, Laura Selway and Linda Key said: “We were delighted to raise so much money for the neurology ward where Nick has spent a lot of time.
“Now we would like to thank everyone who donated items to sell and those who supported us by buying things.
“As our first sale was so successful we are now planning on making it an annual event. We are also having a craft sale around Easter when we plan to raffle the patchwork quilt that we are currently making as a group effort – again the proceeds will go to Ward 40.” The club, which meets on Tuesdays between 5pm and 6.30pm in the level 2 meeting room at the IMS, is looking for new members.
“We are hoping that other people with skills will join our group and demonstrate their skills to others."
“In the New Year we are going to have a demonstration of spinning wool and we are always looking for new things to feature at our club.”
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Sep There are no items for September 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010