- 2014-present: Lecturer in Hydrogeology, School of Geosciences, University of Aberdeen
- 2014-2016: Visiting researcher, Queen's University Belfast
- 2009-2014: Postdoctoral research fellow in Hydrogeology/Hydrogeophysics, School of Planning Architecture and Civil Engineering, Queen's University Belfast
- 2008: PhD in Hydrogeology, University of Avignon 'Contribution of electrical resistivity tomography to variable-density groundwater flow modelling in coastal aquifers - Application to three contrasted climate settings (Canada, New Caledonia, Senegal)'
- 2003-2009: Hydrogeologist consultant, HYDRIAD, Nimes
- 2002-2003: DESS (MSc2) Hydrogeology, University of Avignon
- 1998-2002: DEUG-Licence-Maitrise IUP (BSc, MSc1) Geosciences and Environmental Engineering, University Paul Sabatier Toulouse
- Regional quantitative hydrogeology
- Integrated approaches for aquifer characterisation and modelling
- Application of geophysical methods for parameterisation and calibration of groundwater models
- Groundwater resources in complex hydrogeological environments, including coastal, insular, hard rock and volcanic aquifers
- Sustainable management of fresh groundwater resources in coastal aquifer systems
- NERC Urgency Grant [NE/R002568/1] - Extreme rainfall and floods in arid regions (Botswana): replenishment or contamination of water resources? (2017-2018). PI.
- United Utilities Water/Environmental Agency applied research grant - Understanding stream-aquifer interactions and their influence on flow regimes and fluvial processes in a newly restored ephemeral stream (2017-2022). Co-PI.
- Royal Geographical Society (with IBG) Environment and Sustainability Research Grant [ESRG3/16] - East African groundwater resources under climatic and human pressure (2016-2017). PI.
- Geological Survey of Ireland Research Grant [2015-SC-003] - Determining fractured bedrock aquifer parameters using Magnetic Resonance Sounding to better constrain numerical groundwater models in support of catchment scale water resource management (2016). Co-I.
- Elphinstone Fund/Water Resources Management Authority of Kenya PhD Scholarship (Mr S. Oiro) - Comparative hydrogeology of the Nairobi volcanic suite aquifer and the Tiwi coastal aquifer (2015-2018).
- NERC/DFID/ESRC Research Grant [NE/L001888/1] - UPGro Programme: Towards Groundwater security in coastal East Africa (2013-2014). PI.
- EuropeAid/African Union Research Grant [EuropeAid/130-741/D/ACT/ACP] - Groundwater resource in basement rocks of Africa (2012-2015). Co-I.
- Department of Employment and Learning Northern Ireland PhD Scholarship (Mr N. Dickson) - Incorporation of multi-scale hydrogeophysical datasets into numerical groundwater models (2012-2015).
- Further Info
- Editor, Hydrogeology Journal (since 2018); formerly Associate Editor (2014-2018)
- Member of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH), the French Committee of Hydrogeology of the IAH (CFH), the American Geophysical Union (AGU) and the European Geosciences Union (EGU); Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society (RGS)
- Peer reviews for Geophysical Prospecting, Hydrological Sciences Journal, Journal of Hydrology, Hydrogeology Journal, Near Surface Geophysics, Hydrological Processes, Regional Environmental Changes, Water Resources Research, Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, Scientific Reports
- 25+ hydrogeological expertises / consultancy works carried out since 2003 on groundwater resources development, characterisation, modelling, management and protection, for various institutional or private clients in Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, North America, Indian & Pacific Ocean