My research is focused on understanding the sedimentological, stratigraphical and geochemical responses to climate change in the geological record. I also apply astrochronologic methodologies to improve the geological timescale and understand the rates and timing of ancient episodes of abrupt global environmental change. My interests further extend to understanding the nature of the stratigraphic record and the design and application of numerical methods in stratigraphic analysis.
Page 1 of 3 Results 1 to 10 of 28
Contributions to Journals
- Han, Z., Hu, X., Kemp, DB. & Li, J. (in press). 'Carbonate-platform response to the Toarcian Oceanic Anoxic Event in the southern hemisphere: Implications for climatic change and biotic platform demise'. Earth and Planetary Science Letters.
- Kemp, DB., Fraser, WT. & Izumi, K. 'Stratigraphic completeness and resolution in an ancient mudrock succession'. Sedimentology.
[Online] DOI: 10.1111/sed.12450
- Izumi, K., Endo, K., Kemp, DB. & Inui, M. 'Oceanic redox conditions through the late Pliensbachian to early Toarcian on the northwestern Panthalassa margin: Insights from pyrite and geochemical data'. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, vol 493, pp. 1-10.
[Online] DOI: 10.1016/j.palaeo.2017.12.024
- Thibault, N., Ruhl, M., Ullmann, CV., Korte, C., Kemp, DB., Gröcke, DR. & Hesselbo, SP. 'The wider context of the Lower Jurassic Toarcian oceanic anoxic event in Yorkshire coastal outcrops, UK'. Proceedings of the Geologists' Association.
[Online] DOI: 10.1016/j.pgeola.2017.10.007
- Jolley, DW., Daly, RJ., Ebinghaus, A., Kemp, DB., Gilmour, I., Mac Niocaill, C. & Kelley, SP. (2017). 'Centennial to decadal vegetation community changes linked to orbital and solar forcing during the Dan-C2 hyperthermal event'. Journal of the Geological Society , vol 17, no. 6, pp. 1019-1030.
[Online] DOI: 10.1144/jgs2017-022
- Ebinghaus, A., Jolley, DW., Andrews, SD. & Kemp, DB. (2017). 'Lake sedimentological and ecological response to hyperthermals: Boltysh impact crater, Ukraine'. Sedimentology, vol 64, no. 6, pp. 1465-1487.
[Online] DOI: 10.1111/sed.12360
- Kirillova, NP., Kemp, DB. & Artemyeva, ZS. (2017). 'Colorimetric analysis of soil with flatbed scanners'. European Journal of Soil Science, vol 68, no. 4, pp. 420–433.
[Online] DOI: 10.1111/ejss.12442
- Marsaglia, KM., Browne, GH., George, SC., Kemp, DB., Jaeger, JM., Carson, D. & Richaud, M. (2017). 'The Transformation of Sediment Into Rock: Insights From IODP Site U1352, Canterbury Basin, New Zealand'. Journal of Sedimentary Research, vol 87, no. 3, pp. 272-287.
[Online] DOI: 10.2110/jsr.2017.15
- Kemp, DB. (2016). 'Optimizing significance testing of astronomical forcing in cyclostratigraphy'. Paleoceanography, vol 31, no. 12, pp. 1516-1531.
[Online] DOI: 10.1002/2016PA002963
[Online] AURA: Optimizing_significance_testing_of_astronomical.pdf
- Kemp, DB., van Manen, S., Pollitt, DA. & Burgess, PM. (2016). 'Investigating the preservation of orbital forcing in peritidal carbonates'. Sedimentology, vol 63, no. 6, pp. 1701-1718.
[Online] DOI: 10.1111/sed.12282
[Online] AURA: kempetal_2016.pdf