Dr Caitlin Cottrill
- University of Aberdeen: Senior Lecturer & Director of Centre for Transport Research, School of Engineering, (2020-present)
- University of Aberdeen: Senior Lecturer, Geography & Environment, School of Geosciences (2017-2019)
- University of Aberdeen: Lecturer, Geography & Environment, School of Geosciences (2013-2017)
- Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology: Postdoctoral associate, Future Urban Mobility lab (SMART-FM) (2011-2012)
- University of Illinois, Chicago: PhD, Urban Planning and Policy (August 2011)
- Mid-America Regional Council: Transport planner (2003-2006)
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville: MSc, Urban and Regional Planning (May 2003)
- Vanderbilt University: BA, Philosophy (May 1999)
Dr Cottrill's primary research interests span the interrelated topics of transport, individual behaviour, technology and data, linked by an underlying commitment to encouraging inclusive, sustainable and efficient mobility. Her work has a strong focus in the support of public and active transport modes, especially for vulnerable and under-served users. In addition, she has developed work in facilitating data sharing between transport service providers and travellers in a privacy-preserving manner, in order to encourage better decision-making. Application areas for these interests include emerging topics such as intelligent mobility, Mobility as a Service (MaaS), and smart cities. She has, additionally, worked to ensure that this research takes place in a multidisciplinary context, with collaborators from the areas of computing science, engineering, statistics, and information sciences.
- Current Projects:
- INCLUSION - Co-Investigator on EU Horizon 2020 funded project.
- PORTIS - Co-Investigator on EU Horizon 2020 funded project.
- Realising Accountable Intelligent Systems (RAInS) - Co-Investigator on EPSRC-funded project.
- Completed Projects:
- Trusted Things & Communities: Understanding & Enabling a Trusted IoT Ecosystem - Co-Investigator on EPSRC funded project.
- Smart Routing - Co-Investigator on Innovate UK funded project.
- SocialCar: Public transport + carpooling + social media crowdsourcing - Co-Investigator on EU Horizon 2020 funded project.
- Social Media - Developing Understanding, Infrastructure & Engagement - Co-Investigator on ESRC funded project.
- Current Projects:
Page 1 of 6 Results 1 to 10 of 53
Public participation geographic information system (PPGIS) as a method for active travel data acquisitionJournal of Transport Geography, vol. 96, 103180Contributions to Journals: Articles
Sources and Applications of Emerging Active Travel Data: A Review of the LiteratureSustainability, vol. 13, no. 13, 7006Contributions to Journals: Articles
Generating demand responsive bus routes from social network data analysisTransportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, vol. 128, 103194Contributions to Journals: Articles
A Semantic Framework to Support AI System Accountability and AuditContributions to Conferences: Papers
Intelligent mobility and big data for planning, trust, and privacyThe Routledge Handbook of Public Transport. Mulley, C., Nelson, J., Ison, S. (eds.). 1st edition. Routledge, pp. 342-351, 10 pagesChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Chapters
Accounting for Spatial Heterogeneity Using Crowdsourced DataFindingsContributions to Journals: Articles
Modelling Cyclists Route Choice Using Strava and OSMnx: A Case Study of the City of GlasgowTransportation Research Interdisciplinary Perspectives, vol. 9, 100301Contributions to Journals: Articles
The digital lottery: The impact of next generation broadband on rural small and micro businesses in the North East of ScotlandJournal of Rural Studies, vol. 81, pp. 99-115Contributions to Journals: Articles
Urban services, pedestrian networks and behaviors to measure elderly accessibilityTransportation Research Part D, vol. 90, 102687Contributions to Journals: Articles
Impacts of decarbonization on the automotive after sales sector: A review of evidenceProceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, vol. 235, no. 6, pp. 1516-1526Contributions to Journals: Articles