Instructions for Oral Presentations
Please carefully follow the guidelines below if you have been assigned an oral presentation by the Seismix 2016 program committee.
- For keynote presentations, the allotted time is 30 minutes (25 minutes talk time and 5 minutes for questions).
- For standard presentations, the allotted time is 15 minutes (12 minutes talk time and 3 minutes for questions).
- The conference room will be equipped with a Full HD projector which will allow for presentations in 16:9 format. While we recommend that all presentations be prepared in widescreen format (16:9), standard format (4:3) can still be used, although in this case your slides will occupy a smaller proportion of the screen.
- The computer used for the presentations will run a Windows operating system and be supplied with Microsoft Office 2016 and Acrobat Reader. Therefore, you should either use PDF format or a format that is compatible with Powerpoint 2016. Most standard codecs are installed for video playback and Quicktime is available.
- There will be no provision for the use of any other software or computer. If you have prepared your talk using Keynote or other presentation software, then we recommend that you save it as a PDF.
- Please ensure that your presentation is uploaded prior to commencement of the session in which you speak. This can be done by visiting the projection team who will be on-site from the commencement of the registration process on Sunday 15th May.
Instructions for Poster Presentations
Please carefully follow the guidelines below if you have been assigned a poster presentation by the Seismix 2016 program committee.
- There will be two poster sessions in operation during Seismix 2016. They will run in series, with poster session 1 commencing on Sunday (May 15th), and poster session 2 commencing on Tuesday evening (May 17th).
- The poster session will operate from the Peregrine Suite, which is the same room in which the oral presentations will take place. Each poster presentation will be assigned a unique number, which will determine where it is hung on the poster boards.
- Poster boards have a landscape orientation, with a usable width of 6 ft (183 cm) and a usable height of 3 ft (91 cm).
- Poster boards are covered in blue velcro compatible polyweave, so the attachment method is via Velcro hooks (we will provide adhesive dots which have velcro hooks on one side).