- DRT2017 Inverness - 21st International Conference on Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics, May 2017
- Google Scholar citations
- ELLE numerical simulation platform
- Personal website
- Lecturer in Geology and Petroleum Geology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland (since July 2014)
- Postdoctoral research fellow, University of Tübingen, Germany (2010-2014). "Habilitation" (Dr. habil, equivalent to DSc) in the German University system (2014)
- Research Intern, ExxonMobil Upstream Research Company, USA (2009)
- Postdoctoral research fellow, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain (2008-2009)
- Part-time teaching fellow, National University of Distance Education (UNED), Spain (2006-2009)
- PhD grant holder, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain (2003-2007). Graduated with a PhD in Structural Geology (2008)
- Experimental, field and numerical studies of deformation localisation and fracturing in anisotropic materials.
- Basin- and crustal-scale flow of hydrothermal fluids.
- Analysis of structural, depositional and diagenetic controls on dolomite distribution. Reactivity of dolomitising fluids and controls on permeability in carbonates.
- Deformation mechanisms and microstructures in polycrystalline aggregates. Full-field numerical simulation of viscoplastic deformation coupled with recrystallisation processes.
- Study of vein dynamics, vein growth and fracture sealing.
- Mechanical stratigraphy in carbonates. Improvement of methods to acquire and upscale statistical properties of fracture networks.
- Numerical simulation of carbonate diagenesis and reactive transport.
- Field and numerical studies of ductile tectonic structures such as folds, shear bands, porphyroblasts/-clasts, pinch-and-swell, etc.
I currently contribute to teaching the following courses:
- GL2015 - Petrology and Mineralogy (BSc in Geology and Petroleum Geology)
- GL3027 - Structural Geology and Tectonics (BSc in Geology and Petroleum Geology)
- GL3029 - Petroleum Geology and Reservoir Characterisation (BSc in Reservoir Engineering)
- GL3026 - Field and mapping techniques 1 (BSc in Geology and Petroleum Geology)
- GL4023 - Geological Mapping Project (BSc in Geology and Petroleum Geology)
- GL5033 and GL5534 - Fundamentals of Petroleum Geoscience (MSc in Oil and Gas Engineering, MSc in Oil and Gas Computing, MSc in Petroleum Engineering and MSc in Reservoir Engineering)
- GL5522 - Reservoir Sedimentology and Structure (MSc in Reservoir Engineering)
- GL5019 - Characterisation of Complex Reservoirs (MSc in Petrophysics and Formation Evaluation)
- Further Info
Associate editor of Marine and Petroleum Geology
We are organising the 21st International Conference on Deformation Mechanisms, Rheology and Tectonics (DRT 2017).
It will take place in Inverness, Scotland, 30th April - 4th May 2017.
Click here for more information.