There are many potential sources of funding for Postgraduate Study in a discipline as diverse as Geography and Environment.
Research Postgraduate Funding
We advertise some projects with funding already attached. This is generally the route for U.K. Research Council funded projects, eg:
- Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) studentships
Many of our students, however, approach us with their own project ideas and are able to find various sources of funding. A starting point for obtaining some funding options is the University of Aberdeen Funding Database.
Prospective applicants with a degree with First-Class Honours from a Scottish university may apply for a fully-funded PhD studentship from the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland.
A good strategy for prospective students is to spend some time on the web investigating potential funding sources pertinent to your chosen area of study, and then to contact potential supervisors to seek further advice.
International students are often eligible for prestigious studentship awards and we encourage you to explore the following possibilities:
- The British Council hosts information on a range of scholarships for study in the UK. Use the 'Scholarship Search' boxes on the page to explore further information
- CSFP Awards administered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, for Citizens of the Commonwealth
- Contact the Student Recruitment and Admissions Service who will also be able to advise on scholarship opportunities