Scotland’s national annual Archaeological Research in Progress (ARP) conference will take place on Saturday 23rd May 2020 at Aberdeen University.
The event is being organised this year by Archaeology Scotland in partnership with the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland and aims to cover archaeological research in progress from around Scotland covering all periods.
Do you have exciting research findings that you would like to present at the ARP this year?
We are inviting proposals for 20 minute papers that demonstrate the most up-to-date information and best practice. Please submit the following information to email@example.com by end of Sunday 23rd February 2020.
- Title of Paper
- Short description: maximum 35 words to be used in ARP programme and publicity
- Longer description: a concise description of your research to include the purpose, methods and implications of the work and brief biographical information on organisations and/or individuals involved
- Maximum 400 words.
Our aim is to programme a breadth of chronological and geographical projects from across Scotland and beyond. So, even if you have nothing you wish to contribute yourself, we are also asking you to nominate research relating to Scotland that you would like to see included in ARP 2020! For this we will require a short description of the research and contact details for the researchers.
We will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know if you are on the programme (and ask for images for publicity if you are). The event will be recorded and available online free to view afterwards.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed and accommodation paid for where necessary for a single presenter per paper included in the programme.
Sponsorship Options and Opportunities
We are also seeking support to help us deliver a quality conference in a prestigious venue at the University of Aberdeen. Costs are increasing and we wish to keep ticket prices as low as possible so external support is vital. The wide range of sponsorship support we normally receive towards ARP also helps to demonstrate collaboration and highlights cross-sector support for the rapid dissemination of archaeological research.
Supporting the one day conference provides you with the opportunity to promote your organisation while also supporting rapid knowledge dissemination, research excellence and interdisciplinary collaboration. Sponsorship benefits include branding on all print and digital programmes, the opportunity to display material at the conference and delegate places:
- Sponsor acknowledged on the ‘supporter thank you’ page of our website
- Sponsor’s support included on the online lecture archive in perpetuity (hosted on You Tube)
- Editorial and logo acknowledgement as event sponsor in one of our magazines and annual review distributed to all our members and partners
- Acknowledged as the sponsor in social media related to the event or project
- Acknowledged and warmly thanked as sponsor by our President in opening and closing addresses of the sponsored event with sponsor’s logo prominently displayed.
All contributions, in cash or in kind, are welcome so please do contact David Gilchrist on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss ways you can be involved in the 2020 ARP conference.
We look forward to hearing about your research and your ideas for research from elsewhere to be included.