Practical Work and Laboratory Techniques applicable to
Higher and Advanced Higher Physics
The Physics Department of the University of Aberdeen will host two professional development days for Teachers and Technicians of Physics. The course will be practically based and will provide an opportunity to try experiments suitable for AH investigations, AH course work and Higher Physics.
- To provide ideas for AH investigations using a limited budget
- To introduce some alternative pupil experiments and teacher demonstrations
- To extend teachers’ and technicians’ practical knowledge and expertise
- To network with other teachers and course providers
- 0900 – 0915 Registration
- 0915 – 1030 Laboratory practical work
- 1030 – 1100 Coffee, discussion and display of kits
- 1100 – 1200 Continuation of laboratory practical work
- 1200 – 1300 Lecture by Dr Geoff Dunn, Head of Physics Department, Univeristy of Aberdeen
- 1300 – 1345 Lunch and discussion (Networking)
- 1345 – 1520 Continuation of laboratory practical work including opportunities to see up to three demonstrations. All three of these are new this year
- 1530 Depart
- 1 Day:The course will cost £125.00 per person, this includes lunch and refreshments.
- 2 Days:The course will cost £200.00 per person, this includes lunch and refreshments.
- Fraser Noble Building
For booking enquiries and further information relating to this programme of events, please contact:
CPD Services, Research and Innovation,
University of Aberdeen, Room 28, University Office,
King’s College, Aberdeen.
Tel: 01224 272523. Fax: 01224 272319.