The main aims of this project are:
- To study integration of large scale renewable power parks with DC networks incorporating DC/DC converters,
- To develop multifunctional and multiterminal electronic DC/DC substation (connecting multiple DC lines),
- To investigate secure meshed DC grid topologies and their interface with national AC grids,
- To develop wind generator topologies, converters and controls suitable for connecting to DC grids,
- To strengthen the collaborative links between UK and China institutions.
Project timeframe June 2013 - December 2016