Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) - School of Engineering (since Dec 2021).
Lecturer (Assistant Professor) - School of Engineering (since Feb 2020).
Research Fellow (Postdoc) - Centre for Applied Dynamic Research (CADR).
PhD in Engineering (PhD Thesis: Dynamics and Control of Nonlinear Engineering Systems).
Master of Science in Complex Systems Engineering (Master Thesis: Control of Rotational Motion in Parametric Pendulum System).
Bachelor of Science in Control & Instrument Engineering (B.Sc. Thesis: Using fuzzy logic to find the best controller for multi-model systems).
- Co-Organizer of Nonlinear Dynamics and Control of Engineering Systems Mini-Symposium (WMVC 10th - Lisbon 2022)- https://www.wmvc2022.org/
- Member of Local Organising and Scientific Committees of International Conference on Engineering Vibrations (eICoEV - Aberdeen 2020) - https://icoev.org/icoev2020/.
- Co-Organizer of Nonlinear Dynamics and Control of Engineering Systems Mini-Symposium (VETOMAC 14th - Lisbon 2018).
- Co-Organizer of Vibration and Control in Downhole Drilling Processes Mini-Symposium (ICoEV - Sofia 2017).
- International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing
- Journal of Sound and Vibration
- Journal of Vibration and Control
- Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Journal of Vibration and Acoustics
- Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering Measurement
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada
- British Council
- Nonlinear Dynamics and Control
- Control of Coexisting Attractors
- Experimental Mechanics
- Vibration and Wave Energy Harvesting Systems
- Application AI/ML in Engineering Problems
- Passive and Active Mitigation Methods of Structural Vibration
- Rotor Dynamics
- Drill-String Dynamics and Control
- Fracture Mechanics and Rock Modelling
I am currently accepting PhDs in Engineering, Computing Science.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your research ideas further.
Funding and Grants
As Principal Investigator:
- (Active) Applying AI Techniques to Well Integrity Logging Data (Phase 3) – ReadCasedHole - Feb 2021 to Feb 2023 - Project value of £298,865.
- (Active) Advanced Shock Tool – iVDynamics - Sep 2020 to March 2022 – Project value of £80,665.
- (Completed) Applying AI techniques to well integrity logging data for matching histories - Advanced Innovate Voucher - Jan 2021 - Mar 2021 - Project value of £39,110.
- (Completed) Revaluation of allowable bearing stress of angled shoulders - Baker Hughes Energy Technology UK Limited, Mar 2021 - Jul 2021 - Project value of £4,574.
- (Completed) Applying AI Techniques to Well Integrity Logging Data – ReadCasedHole - Jul 2020 to Dec 2020 - Project value of £15,000.
- (Completed) Design and Test of Resonance Enhanced Scale Milling for Hard Scales (Phase 2) – Welltec/OGIC - Jul 2019 to Jun 2021 – Project value of £402,579.
- (Completed) Applying AI Techniques to Well Integrity Logging Data – ReadCasedHole/OGIC - Jul 2019 to Feb 2020 - Project value of £166,737.
- (Completed) Heterogeneous Drilling: Hybrid Drill-Bits with Shearing and Gouging (Phase 2) – Varel/OGIC - Jun 2018 to Feb 2020 - Project value of £395,567.
- (Completed) Experimental Testing of RED Technology for Coring Bit Applications – VBPR/OGIC - Nov 2018 to Feb 2019 - Project value of £31,854.
Non-course Teaching Responsibilities
Page 1 of 5 Results 1 to 10 of 45
Drilling Efficiently, Durably and Consistently Through Cherts and Conglomerates with PDC Bits is PossibleChapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Analytical study of rotor-stator rubbing phenomenonContributions to Conferences: Papers
Control methods for switching between coexistent attractors of impact oscillatorContributions to Conferences: Papers
Dynamic Fatigue Crack propagation in tubular specimensContributions to Conferences: Papers
Experiments and modelling of coupled axial-torsional dynamics in a drill-stringContributions to Conferences: Papers
Sliding-Mode Control of a Dielectric Elastomer Actuator Featuring Non-Invertible DynamicsContributions to Conferences: Papers
Control Method to Suppress Stick-Slip in Drill-Strings Featuring Actuation Delay and ConstraintsContributions to Conferences: Papers
Co-existing attractors in high frequency jarringContributions to Conferences: Papers
Feedback Control Method to Suppress Stick-slip in Drill-strings Featuring Delay and Actuation ConstraintsThe European Physical Journal. Special TopicsContributions to Journals: Articles
Finite element analysis of a DP-Slip SystemContributions to Conferences: Papers