Emmanuel graduated from the Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi Nigeria, with bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering in 2009 as the best graduating student from the department of Civil Engineering. He proceeded to the University of Ibadan Nigeria, to obtain a master’s degree in Structural and Materials Engineering in 2015 with distinction. Towards the end of his studies in Ibadan, he was awarded TETFund scholarship to The University of Sheffield UK, where he finished a second master’s degree in Structural Engineering with bias in Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics in 2016. He then embarked on a PhD at the University of Aberdeen, UK in 2018. Emmanuel is currently investigating the innovative use of natural fibres for producing environmentally friendly concrete. His Doctoral research is being sponsored by the Nigerian Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). He is passionate about public engagement, teaching and adding value to students. He is also a jazz trumpeter and saxophonist and relaxes with his music during his spare time.
MSc(ENG), Structural Engineeing University of Sheffield 2016 MSc, Structural and Materials Engineering University of Ibadan Nigeria 2015 B.Eng, Civil Engineering University of Agriculture Makurdi, Nigeria 2009
External Memberships and Affiliations
AFHEA - Higher Education Academy, UK
R.Engr (COREN) - Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria
MNSE - Nigerian Society of Engineers
MNICE - Nigerian Institution of Civil Engineers
Prizes and Awards
- Winner, Individual Postgraduate Researcher / Early Career Researcher, University of Aberdeen Excellence Awards, 2020. www.abdn.ac.uk/students/documents/EA-winners.pdf
- Honourable mention Award, Engineering Sciences Category. Doctoral Research Awards UK 2020. http://www.drawards.org.uk/
- Silver Award for Best Presentation, 11th Engineering Postgraduate Research Symposium 2020, University of Aberdeen, UK. https://www.abdn.ac.uk/engineering/events/2column-page-640-640.php
- Outstanding Paper Award, Fifth International Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies (SCMT5), Kingston University London. 14-17th July 2019.
- Semi-Finalist, UK Finals, Three Minutes Thesis (3MT) Competition. Summer of 2018. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=14&v=44NoZbWVUXI
- Winner, Aberdeen Finals, Three Minutes Thesis (3MT) Competition. University of Aberdeen, UK. May 2018.
- RESEARCH ASSISTANT
- DEMONSTRATOR for Geotechnics (EA3027) AND Engineering Mechanics (EG1510)
Page 1 of 1 No Results
There are no publications to display.