Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Scottish Funding Council - Global Challenges Research Fund, Co-Investigator, 2020.
Carnegie Trust, PhD Scholarship Co-Supervisor, 2019-2022;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, PhD Scholarship, Co-Supervisor, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials - Graduate Apprenticeships" (EG10G3);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
- External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
- Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
- Special Issue Guest Editor, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Member of the Editorial Board, PNRPU Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
- Member of the Editorial Board, Researches in Mathematics and Mechanics
- Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
- Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
- Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
- Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
- Engineering Continuous Professional Development Coordinator
- School Appeals Officer
- Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
- Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Past External Responsibilities
- Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (2014, Vol. 88)
- Chair of the Organising Committee, UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods - UKBIM9 (2013)
- Member of the Scientific Committee, UKBIM Conferences (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- Member of the Organising Committee, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Engineering Design Optimization (MEDO 2016)
- Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Past Admin Responsibilities
- Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
- Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
- Member of the Senate Transnational Education Working Group (2017-2018)
- Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
- Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
- Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
- Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Composite Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Page 1 of 5 Results 1 to 25 of 112
- Cox, K, Menshykova, M, Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2019, 'Analysis of flexible composites for coiled tubing applications', Composite Structures, vol. 225, 111118. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.111118
- Lurie, SA, Volkov-Bogorodskiy, DB, Menshykov, O, Solyаev, YО & Aifantis, EС 2018, 'Modeling the eﬀective mechanical properties of “fuzzy ﬁber” composites across scales length', Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 142, pp. 24-35. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.12.029
- Menshykov, O, Reut, O, Reut, V, Vaysfeld, N & Zhuravlova, Z 2018, 'The plane mixed problem for an elastic semi-strip under different load types at its short edge', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 144, pp. 526-530. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2018.05.049
- Cox, K & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Composites are coming' Offshore Engineer, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 46-47.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Ross, S 2017, Design of flexible composites for high-strain applications. in D Chappell (ed.), Proceedings of the Eleventh UK Conference on Boundary Intergral Methods (UKBIM 11). Nottingham Trent University: Publications, Nottingham, pp. 135-141, The Eleventh UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 10/07/17.
- Martynenko, M & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Development of organisational knowledge system in the structure of vocational education', Economic Annals-XXI, vol. 165, no. 5-6, pp. 66-70. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V165-14
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Vaysfeld, N 2017, 'Exact analytical solution for a pie-shaped wedge thick plate under oscillating load', Acta Mechanica, vol. 228, no. 12, pp. 4435-4450. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-017-1938-9
- Lurie, SA, Solyaev, YO, Lizunova, DV, Rabinskiy, LN, Bouznik, VM & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Influence of mean distance between fibers on the effective gas thermal conductivity in highly porous fibrous materials', International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 109, pp. 511-519. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.02.015
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2017, 'Numerical modelling of layered composite pipes under bending and pressure', British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2017, Guidford, United Kingdom, 10/04/17 - 12/12/17 pp. 32.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2017, Thick-walled composite pipes under bending. in V Fuis (ed.), Engineering Mechanics 2017: Book of Full Texts. Brno University of Technology, Institute of Solid Mechanics, Mechanotronics and Biomechanics, Brno, Czech Republic, pp. 650-653, Engineering Mechanics 2017, Svratka, Czech Republic, 15/05/17.
- Menshykova, MV, Menshykov, OV, Guz, IA, Wuensche, M & Zhang, C 2016, 'A boundary integral equation method in the frequency domain for cracks under transient loading', Acta Mechanica, vol. 227, no. 11, pp. 3305-3314. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-015-1535-8
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Mikucka, V 2016, BIEM with nonlinear constraints for cracked materials under dynamic loading. in Z Bozic & M Vrdoljak (eds), Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture (NT2F16). Zagreb, Croatia, 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 24/05/16.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Mikucka, V 2016, BIEM with nonlinear constraints for cracked materials under dynamic loading. in Z Bozic (ed.), 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture - Book of Abstracts. Zagreb, Croatia, pp. 227-228, 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 24/05/16.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Menshykov, V 2016, 'Cracked Materials under Dynamic Loading: Effects of Cracks Closure', The 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics and The 6th Asia-Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics , Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 24/07/16 - 29/07/16.
- Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2015, A boundary integral equation method in the frequency domain for cracks under transient loading. in P Harris (ed.), Proceedings of the 10th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods., 24, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK, pp. 221-227, The Tenth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Brighton, United Kingdom, 13/07/15.
- Guz, I, Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2015, 'A generalised formulation for computing the microbuckling load in periodic layered materials', Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 155-171. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10665-014-9753-y
- Ross, S, Hicks, PD & Menshykov, O 2015, Gas cushioning in liquid-solid impacts. in P Harris (ed.), Proceedings of the 10th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods. University of Brighton, pp. 17-27, The Tenth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Brighton, United Kingdom, 13/07/15.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2015, Singular boundary integral equation of dynamic fracture mechanics problems for interface cracks. in Transactions of XVIІ International Symposium "Discrete singularities methods in mathematical physics" (DSMMPh-2015). – Kharkov-Sumy, 2015.. pp. 165-168, XVII International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Sumy, Ukraine, 8/06/15.
- Menshykov, O 2014, 'Boundary Integral Methods', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 88, pp. 245-245. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.09.002
- Guz, I, Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2014, Effect of the crack closure in three-dimensional problems for interface microcracks under dynamic loading. in Proceedings of PACAM XIV. pp. 1-6, 14th Pan-American Congress of Applied Mechanics, Santiago, Chile, 24/03/14.
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2014, 'Elastodynamic contact problem for an interface crack under an oblique harmonic loading', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 88, pp. 300-308. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.05.008
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Martynenko, A & Belal, S 2014, 'Heart rate entropy for rhythmic breathing tests', 13th Experimental Chaos and Complexity Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 25/08/14 - 28/08/14.
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2013, 2-D ELASTODYNAMIC PROBLEM FOR AN INTERFACE CRACK UNDER AN OBLIQUE HARMONIC LOADING. in O Menshykov (ed.), Proceedings of the 9th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods . University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK, pp. 103-110, The Ninth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods , Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8/07/13.
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykov, V 2013, Non-Linear Contact Problems For Layered Cracked Materials Under Dynamic Loading. in 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics - Conference Proceedings., 707, pp. 104-105, 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Montreal, Canada, 23/07/13.
- Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2013, 'Nonlinear contact problems in cracks' dynamics', 10th Anniversary CADR International Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 21/08/13 - 23/08/13 pp. 39-39.