Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Oil and Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Principal Investigator of UoA team, 2018–2019;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, Co-Investigator, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
Member of the Editorial Board of Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
Chair of the UKBIM9 Conference Organising Committee
Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Engineering CPD Coordinator
School Appeals Officer
Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
Member of the Senate TNE Working Group (2017-2018)
Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Page 3 of 12 Results 21 to 30 of 112
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2014, 'Elastodynamic contact problem for an interface crack under an oblique harmonic loading', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 88, pp. 300-308. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.05.008
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Martynenko, A & Belal, S 2014, 'Heart rate entropy for rhythmic breathing tests' 13th Experimental Chaos and Complexity Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 25/08/14 - 28/08/14, .
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2013, 2-D ELASTODYNAMIC PROBLEM FOR AN INTERFACE CRACK UNDER AN OBLIQUE HARMONIC LOADING. in O Menshykov (ed.), Proceedings of the 9th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods . University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK, pp. 103-110, The Ninth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods , Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8/07/13.
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykov, V 2013, Non-Linear Contact Problems For Layered Cracked Materials Under Dynamic Loading. in 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics - Conference Proceedings., 707, pp. 104-105, 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Montreal, Canada, 23/07/13.
- Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2013, 'Nonlinear contact problems in cracks' dynamics' 10th Anniversary CADR International Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 21/08/13 - 23/08/13, pp. 39-39.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2013, 'Nonlinear problem of fracture mechanics for materials with interface cracks' XVI International Conference "Dynamical System Modelling and Stability Investigation", Kiev, Ukraine, 29/05/13 - 31/05/13, pp. 296-296.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2013, On singular boundary integral equations in problems of cracks' mechanics. in Transactions of XVI International Symposium: Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics (DSMMPh 2013). pp. 262-265, XVI International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Kherson, Ukraine, 10/06/13.
- Guz, AN, Guz, IA, Menshykov, AV & Menshykov, VA 2013, 'Three-dimensional problems in the dynamic fracture mechanics of materials with interface cracks (review)', International Applied Mechanics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 1-61. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-013-0551-4
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2012, '3-D elastodynamic contact problem for an interface crack under harmonic loading', Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 80, no. -, pp. 52-59. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2010.12.010
- Menshykov, O & Menshykova, M 2012, 'Boundary Integral Equations in the Frequency Domain for Interface Cracks under Impact Loading', Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (PAMM), vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 165–166. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pamm.201210073