Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Scottish Funding Council - Global Challenges Research Fund, Co-Investigator, 2020.
Carnegie Trust, PhD Scholarship Co-Supervisor, 2019-2022;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, PhD Scholarship, Co-Supervisor, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials - Graduate Apprenticeships" (EG10G3);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
- External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
- Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
- Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
- Special Issue Guest Editor, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
- Member of the Editorial Board, PNRPU Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
- Member of the Editorial Board, Researches in Mathematics and Mechanics
- Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
- Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
- Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
- Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
- Engineering Continuous Professional Development Coordinator
- School Appeals Officer
- Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
- Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Past External Responsibilities
- Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences (2014, Vol. 88)
- Chair of the Organising Committee, UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods - UKBIM9 (2013)
- Member of the Scientific Committee, UKBIM Conferences (2013, 2015, 2017, 2019)
- Member of the Organising Committee, International Conference on Multidisciplinary Engineering Design Optimization (MEDO 2016)
- Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Past Admin Responsibilities
- Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
- Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
- Member of the Senate Transnational Education Working Group (2017-2018)
- Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
- Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
- Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
- Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Composite Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Page 3 of 12 Results 21 to 30 of 112
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2014, 'Elastodynamic contact problem for an interface crack under an oblique harmonic loading', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 88, pp. 300-308. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.05.008
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Martynenko, A & Belal, S 2014, 'Heart rate entropy for rhythmic breathing tests', 13th Experimental Chaos and Complexity Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 25/08/14 - 28/08/14.
- Mikucka, V & Menshykov, O 2013, 2-D ELASTODYNAMIC PROBLEM FOR AN INTERFACE CRACK UNDER AN OBLIQUE HARMONIC LOADING. in O Menshykov (ed.), Proceedings of the 9th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods . University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK, pp. 103-110, The Ninth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods , Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 8/07/13.
- Menshykov, O, Guz, I & Menshykov, V 2013, Non-Linear Contact Problems For Layered Cracked Materials Under Dynamic Loading. in 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics - Conference Proceedings., 707, pp. 104-105, 4th Canadian Conference on Nonlinear Solid Mechanics, Montreal, Canada, 23/07/13.
- Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2013, 'Nonlinear contact problems in cracks' dynamics', 10th Anniversary CADR International Conference, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 21/08/13 - 23/08/13 pp. 39-39.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2013, 'Nonlinear problem of fracture mechanics for materials with interface cracks', XVI International Conference "Dynamical System Modelling and Stability Investigation", Kiev, Ukraine, 29/05/13 - 31/05/13 pp. 296-296.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2013, On singular boundary integral equations in problems of cracks' mechanics. in Transactions of XVI International Symposium: Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics (DSMMPh 2013). pp. 262-265, XVI International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Kherson, Ukraine, 10/06/13.
- Guz, AN, Guz, IA, Menshykov, AV & Menshykov, VA 2013, 'Three-dimensional problems in the dynamic fracture mechanics of materials with interface cracks (review)', International Applied Mechanics, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 1-61. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10778-013-0551-4
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2012, '3-D elastodynamic contact problem for an interface crack under harmonic loading', Engineering Fracture Mechanics, vol. 80, no. -, pp. 52-59. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2010.12.010
- Menshykov, O & Menshykova, M 2012, 'Boundary Integral Equations in the Frequency Domain for Interface Cracks under Impact Loading', Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (PAMM), vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 165–166. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pamm.201210073