Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Oil and Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Principal Investigator of UoA team, 2018–2019;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, Co-Investigator, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
Member of the Editorial Board of Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
Chair of the UKBIM9 Conference Organising Committee
Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
Member of the Young Global Academy (2013-2018)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Engineering CPD Coordinator
School Appeals Officer
Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
Level 3 Engineering Coordinator (2011-2019)
Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader (2013-2019)
Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
Member of the Senate TNE Working Group (2017-2018)
Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee (2011-2019)
Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee (2011-2019)
Page 2 of 12 Results 11 to 20 of 112
- Menshykova, MV, Menshykov, OV, Guz, IA, Wuensche, M & Zhang, C 2016, 'A boundary integral equation method in the frequency domain for cracks under transient loading', Acta Mechanica, vol. 227, no. 11, pp. 3305-3314. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-015-1535-8
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Mikucka, V 2016, BIEM with nonlinear constraints for cracked materials under dynamic loading. in Z Bozic & M Vrdoljak (eds), Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture (NT2F16). Zagreb, Croatia, 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 24/05/16.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Mikucka, V 2016, BIEM with nonlinear constraints for cracked materials under dynamic loading. in Z Bozic (ed.), 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture - Book of Abstracts. Zagreb, Croatia, pp. 227-228, 16th International Conference on New Trends in Fatigue and Fracture, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 24/05/16.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Menshykov, V 2016, 'Cracked Materials under Dynamic Loading: Effects of Cracks Closure' The 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics and The 6th Asia-Pacific Congress on Computational Mechanics , Seoul, Korea, Republic of, 24/07/16 - 29/07/16, .
- Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2015, A boundary integral equation method in the frequency domain for cracks under transient loading. in P Harris (ed.), Proceedings of the 10th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods., 24, University of Brighton, Brighton, UK, pp. 221-227, The Tenth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Brighton, United Kingdom, 13/07/15.
- Guz, I, Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2015, 'A generalised formulation for computing the microbuckling load in periodic layered materials', Journal of Engineering Mathematics, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 155-171. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10665-014-9753-y
- Ross, S, Hicks, PD & Menshykov, O 2015, Gas cushioning in liquid-solid impacts. in P Harris (ed.), Proceedings of the 10th UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods. University of Brighton, pp. 17-27, The Tenth UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Brighton, United Kingdom, 13/07/15.
- Menshykov, V & Menshykov, O 2015, Singular boundary integral equation of dynamic fracture mechanics problems for interface cracks. in Transactions of XVIІ International Symposium "Discrete singularities methods in mathematical physics" (DSMMPh-2015). – Kharkov-Sumy, 2015.. pp. 165-168, XVII International Symposium «Discrete Singularities Methods in Mathematical Physics», Sumy, Ukraine, 8/06/15.
- Menshykov, O 2014, 'Boundary Integral Methods', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 88, pp. 245-245. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2014.09.002
- Guz, I, Menshykova, M & Menshykov, O 2014, Effect of the crack closure in three-dimensional problems for interface microcracks under dynamic loading. in Proceedings of PACAM XIV. pp. 1-6, 14th Pan-American Congress of Applied Mechanics, Santiago, Chile, 24/03/14.