Solid Mechanics and Applied Mathematics, including Non-Linear Contact Fracture Mechanics, Wave Propagation, Theory of Diffraction, Boundary Elements Methods, Galerkin Methods, Hypersingular and Singular Integrals, Iterative Optimisation Algorithms.
Oil and Gas Innovation Centre (OGIC), Principal Investigator of UoA team, 2018–2019;
Research Council of Norway and Prototech AS (Bergen), Principal Investigator, 2016-2017;
British Council, Principal Investigator, 2016;
Development Trust, Co-Investigator, 2014-2017;
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP), Research Grant, Co-Investigator, 2010–2013;
British Council / DAAD, Academic Research Collaboration (ARC) Grant, 2010–2011;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Senior Academics' Research Stay Grant, 2010;
The Royal Society, International Travel for Collaboration, 2010;
EPSRC Standard Research Grant, Researcher-Co-Investigator, 2007–2010;
The Royal Society, Incoming Short Visit Award, 2005;
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Research Fellowship, 2003–2004;
The Science and Technology Center in Ukraine, Research Grant, Named Researcher, 2003–2004.
"BEng and MEng Individual Projects" (EG4013 / EG4014);
"Mechanics of Structures" (EA3518);
"Solids and Structures" (EA2502);
"Fundamentals of Engineering Materials" (EG1012);
"Engineering Transitional Summer School" (SEN091, Levels 2 and 3 direct entrants).
Courses taught before:
"Solid Mechanics and Materials Modelling" (EG5095, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Advanced Topics for MEng Study" (EG5085, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Mathematical Optimisation" (EG5090, 5th year, MEng programmes);
"Computer Aided Engineering Design" (EG4576);
"Fluid Dynamics" (EG40DB);
"Materials and Structures" (EG2029);
"Engineering Design and Practice 1" (EG2079);
"Electronics & Programmable Systems: Computer Systems & Programming" (EG2060).
- Further Info
External Examiner in the Engineering Area at the University of East London
Member of EPSRC Peer Review College
Carnegie Trust Research Assessor
Special Issue Guest Editor - International Journal of Mechanical Sciences
Member of the Editorial Board of Aerospace Engineering Bulletin
Member of the UKBIM National Organising Committee
Chair of the UKBIM9 Conference Organising Committee
Honorary Leading Research Fellow at the Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics, Kiev, Ukraine
Member of the International Association of Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (GAMM)
Member of the International Society for the Interaction of Mechanics and Mathematics (ISIMM)
Member of the Young Global Academy (YGA)
Reviewer for International Journal for Solids and Structures; Engineering Fracture Mechanics; Engineering Analysis with Boundary Methods; International Journal of Mechanical Sciences; International Applied Mechanics; International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics; Mechanics of Advanced Materials and Structures; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science; Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design; Computational Materials Science; Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter.
Engineering CPD Coordinator
Mechanical Engineering Programme Leader
Level 3 Engineering Coordinator
Co-Lead of Engineering ATHENA SWAN Self-Assessment Team
School Appeals Officer
Elected member of the University Senate (2014-2018)
Member of the Senate Honorary Degrees Committee (2017-2018)
Member of the Senate TNE Working Group (2017-2018)
Member of the School Undergraduate Teaching Committee
Member of the School Student-Staff Liaison Committee
Member of the School Equality and Diversity Committee
Page 1 of 12 Results 1 to 10 of 112
- Cox, K, Menshykova, M, Menshykov, O & Guz, I 2019, 'Analysis of flexible composites for coiled tubing applications', Composite Structures, vol. 225, 111118. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.111118
- Menshykov, O, Reut, O, Reut, V, Vaysfeld, N & Zhuravlova, Z 2018, 'The plane mixed problem for an elastic semi-strip under different load types at its short edge', International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, vol. 144, pp. 526-530. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2018.05.049
- Lurie, SA, Volkov-Bogorodskiy, DB, Menshykov, O, Solyаev, YО & Aifantis, EС 2018, 'Modeling the eﬀective mechanical properties of “fuzzy ﬁber” composites across scales length', Composites Part B: Engineering, vol. 142, pp. 24-35. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2017.12.029
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Vaysfeld, N 2017, 'Exact analytical solution for a pie-shaped wedge thick plate under oscillating load', Acta Mechanica, vol. 228, no. 12, pp. 4435-4450. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s00707-017-1938-9
- Martynenko, M & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Development of organisational knowledge system in the structure of vocational education', Economic Annals-XXI, vol. 165, no. 5-6, pp. 66-70. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V165-14
- Cox, K & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Composites are coming' Offshore Engineer, vol. 42, no. 7, pp. 46-47.
- Lurie, SA, Solyaev, YO, Lizunova, DV, Rabinskiy, LN, Bouznik, VM & Menshykov, O 2017, 'Influence of mean distance between fibers on the effective gas thermal conductivity in highly porous fibrous materials', International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 109, pp. 511-519. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.02.015
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M, Guz, I & Ross, S 2017, Design of flexible composites for high-strain applications. in D Chappell (ed.), Proceedings of the Eleventh UK Conference on Boundary Intergral Methods (UKBIM 11). Nottingham Trent University: Publications, Nottingham, pp. 135-141, The Eleventh UK Conference on Boundary Integral Methods, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 10/07/17.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2017, 'Numerical modelling of layered composite pipes under bending and pressure' British Applied Mathematics Colloquium 2017, Guidford, United Kingdom, 10/04/17 - 12/12/17, pp. 32.
- Menshykov, O, Menshykova, M & Guz, I 2017, Thick-walled composite pipes under bending. in V Fuis (ed.), Engineering Mechanics 2017: Book of Full Texts. Brno University of Technology, Institute of Solid Mechanics, Mechanotronics and Biomechanics, Brno, Czech Republic, pp. 650-653, Engineering Mechanics 2017, Svratka, Czech Republic, 15/05/17.