DynamO : Event-driven particle dynamics simulator for molecular/granular dynamics.
Simcem.com : Thermodynamics software and database for combustion and high-temperature cement pyroprocessing.
Example videos of datasets rendered using the DynamO visualisation code: YouTube playlist
My research is centred on the theory and simulation of particle systems, with a specific focus on using discrete force models. These are a general class of model which I use to study both molecular and macroscopic scale particle systems.
To drive forward the study of discrete particle models, I have developed and released a unique and cutting-edge event-driven particle-dynamics package called DynamO. DynamO is a general tool that has already found application in a wide range of systems such as granular dampers, nano-colloidal fluids, and protein folding/helix formation (see publications below).
I also work on a wide range of other computational engineering software and I'm interested in any problem which can be attacked numerically.
The major focus of my current research centres around the development of a new class of particle models for solids processing systems. Current models are unrealistically "soft" to avoid numerical difficulties in simulations; however, discrete potential models hold the key to capturing realistic particle properties while avoiding numerical complications. Coupled with novel algorithms, it is now possible to simulate process scale equipment with millions of particles in near real-time.
EX3030 Heat, Mass, and Momentum Transfer
EM40JN Heat and Momentum Transfer
EX3502 Separation Processes 1 (evaporation, distillation, and absorption)
EG4012/EG4013 Overall coordinator for undergraduate thesis/individual projects.
- Further Info
Programme coordinator for Chemical Engineering
Member of the Workload Model Committee
Engineering Website Administrator
Page 1 of 4 Results 1 to 10 of 36
- Pieprzyk, S, Branka, AC, Heyes, DM & Campbell Bannerman, M 2020, 'A comprehensive study of the thermal conductivity of the hard sphere fluid and solid by Molecular Dynamics simulation', Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics.
- Strobl, S, Campbell Bannerman, MN & Poeschel, T 2020, 'Robust event-driven particle tracking in complex geometries', Computer Physics Communications. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cpc.2020.107229
- Hanein, T, Glasser, F & Campbell Bannerman, M 2020, 'Thermodynamic data for cement clinkering', Cement and Concrete Research.
- Hanein, T, Duvallet, TY, Jewell, RB, Oberlink, AE, Robl, TL, Zhou, Y, Glasser, FP & Bannerman, MN 2019, 'Alite calcium sulfoaluminate cement: chemistry and thermodynamics', Advances in Cement Research, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 94-105. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1680/jadcr.18.00118
- Moir, C, Lue, L, Gale, JD, Raiteri, P & Bannerman, MN 2019, 'Anomalous heat transport in binary hard-sphere gases', Physical Review E - Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics, vol. 99, no. 3, 030102. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.99.030102
- Elhoweris, A, Alhorr, Y, Galvez-Martos, J-L & Campbell Bannerman, MN 2019, 'Development of a novel process for the production of calcium sulfoaluminate', Paper presented at 15th International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement, prague, Czech Republic, 16/09/19 - 20/09/19.
- Elhoweris, A, Alhorr, Y, Galvez-Martos, J-L & Campbell Bannerman, MN 2019, 'Development of a novel process for the production of calcium sulfoaluminate', 15th International Congress on the Chemistry of Cement, prague, Czech Republic, 16/09/19 - 20/09/19.
- Pieprzyk, S, Bannerman, MN, Branka, AC, Chudak, M & Heyes, DM 2019, 'Thermodynamic and dynamical properties of the hard sphere system revisited by molecular dynamics simulation', Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, vol. 21, no. 13, pp. 6886-6899. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C9CP00903E
- Hanein, T, Galvez-Martos, J-L & Bannerman, MN 2018, 'Carbon footprint of calcium sulfoaluminate clinker production', Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 172, pp. 2278-2287. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2017.11.183
- Galan Garcia, I, Elhoweris, A, Hanein, T, Campbell Bannerman, MN & Glasser, FP 2017, 'Advances in clinkering technology of calcium sulfoaluminate cement', Advances in Cement Research, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 405-417. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1680/jadcr.17.00028