A central strand of our public affairs strategy is the promotion of research expertise and outcomes to enable evidence-based policy formulation or implementation. The University's Public Affairs Team facilitate interactions with elected members of national and local governments (Scotland, UK, Europe), and senior policymakers within those governments. At a local level, the team supports relations with the local authorities and community.
Key points of the strategy for policy and political engagement include:
- Communicating with policymakers and influencers at Holyrood and Westminster and elsewhere
- Keeping up to date with parliamentary and government activities at a devolved, UK and European level, from debating chamber through to the various committees and groups
- Providing advice and training for staff seeking to engage with policy and policymakers
Key points of the action plan include:
- Regular bulletins for parliamentarians and their teams in the North East of Scotland.
- Range of meetings and events to raise the profile of University in Edinburgh, Brussels and London.
- Range of meetings and events on University campus to facilitate engagement between parliamentarians, academics and local communities.
- CPD events for staff and students in conjunction with our Researcher Development Unit