Dr Srinivas Sriramula
Srinivas is currently a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering. He has joined as a Lecturer in the School of Engineering at the University of Aberdeen in August 2009. Prior to that, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher (Oct 2006 - July 2009) at the University of Surrey working on CREDO (Composites Reliability from Engineering Design Optimisation) project.
Srinivas received his PhD from the Indian Institute of Technology Madras focusing on Copula based Simulations for Engineering systems. He has a Masters degree in Structural Engineering from MNNIT and was awarded the Sir. Arthur Cotton Gold Medal (2000) by Nagarjuna University, India for securing highest marks in B.Tech (Civil Engineering).
Programme Co-ordinator for
• MSc Safety and Reliability Engineering
• MSc (Global) Subsea Engineering, and
• MSc Offshore Engineering
Graduated PhD students
• Peter Hyman, Structural behaviour and reliability-based design of prestressed stayed columns, 2021; Primary Supervisor: Dr Israel Osofero.
• Sadik Omairey, Efficient Multi-scale Reliability Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Composites, 2020; Primary Supervisor: Dr Peter Dunning.
• Reza Aulia, Dynamic reliability analysis for pipeline performance prediction, 2020.
• Alexandre Morató Casademunt, Reliability of Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structures, 2019.
• Mohammad Hedyati, Reliability of Blast Wall Structures, 2019.
• Susmita Naskar, Spatial variability characterization of laminated composites, 2018.
• Siamak Alizadeh, Reliability of Safety Instrumented Systems, 2018.
• Abayomi Obisesan, Stochastic Damage Modelling of Ship-Ship and Ship-Iceberg collisions, 2017.
• Usman Abubakar, Stochastic Approaches for Process Performance Modelling, 2014.
- Fellow, Safety and Reliability Society.
- Reviewer for various learned journals.
Prizes and Awards
- Success in Engagement with Industry Award 2021, Principal's Excellence Awards, University of Aberdeen.
- Recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award (Postgraduate) 2015, College of Physical Sciences, University of Aberdeen.
- System safety and reliability modelling.
- Sustainable infrastructure for energy transition.
- Risk based inspection and asset management of engineering structures.
- Stochastic multi-scale mechanics and experimental characterisation of FRP composites.
- Machine learning for stochastic spatial variability representation of engineering systems.
- Stochastic finite elements, reliability based optimal design of structures, and related fields.
Page 1 of 8 Results 1 to 10 of 80
Scaling Effect on the Behaviour and Design of Prestressed Stayed Steel ColumnsJournal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series AContributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability and cost estimation for maintenance planning of oil and gas assetsStructures, Safety, and Reliability. [V002T02A031] American Society of Mechanical Engineers(ASME). 8 pages.Chapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings
Rogue Lateral buckle Initiation at Subsea PipelinesApplied Ocean ResearchContributions to Journals: Articles
Dynamic reliability model for subsea pipeline risk assessment due to third-party interferenceJournal of Pipeline Science and EngineeringContributions to Journals: Articles
Multi-scale Reliability-Based Design Optimisation Framework for Fibre-Reinforced Composite LaminatesEngineering Computations Journal, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 1241-1262Contributions to Journals: Articles
Uncertainty modeling in reliability analysis of floating wind turbine support structuresRenewable Energy, vol. 165, no. Part 1, pp. 88-108Contributions to Journals: Articles
Reliability-centered maintenance and cost optimization for offshore oil and gas componentsContributions to Journals: Conference Articles
Dynamic reliability analysis for residual life assessment of corroded subsea pipelinesShips and Offshore Structures, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 410-422Contributions to Journals: Articles
Calibration of safety factors for offshore wind turbine support structures using fully coupled simulationsMarine Structures, vol. 75, 102880Contributions to Journals: Articles
Statistical and Probabilistic-based Decision aids for Offshore Wind Turbine Reliability2020 International Conference on Decision Aid Sciences and Application (DASA 2020).  IEEE Explore pp. 566-571, 6 pages.Chapters in Books, Reports and Conference Proceedings: Conference Proceedings