Chair of Scots Law
Professor Paisley's doctorate was awarded for a thesis on Crown Rights in Relation to Land in Scotland. He joined the School following a period as a solicitor in private practice specialising in land law and conveyancing in Scotland and is conducting research related to land law including servitudes.
- Further Info
PhD Supervision Interests
Professor Paisley is interested in supervising research students working in the area of property law, especially servitudes and trusts.
Page 2 of 2 Results 11 to 20 of 20
- Paisley, RRM 2007, Forfeiture Clauses and Events in Scots Law. in KGC Reid, MJ de Waal & R Zimmerman (eds), Exploring the Law of Succession: Studies National, Historical and Comparative. vol. 5, Edinburgh Studies in Law, Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, pp. 114-140. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3366/edinburgh/9780748632909.003.0017
- Paisley, RRM 2007, 'Right to make Roads and res merae facultatis', Edinburgh Law Review, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 95-99. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3366/elr.2007.11.1.95
- Paisley, RRM 2006, Access Rights and Rights of Way; A Guide to the Law in Scotland. Unknown Publisher, The Scottish Rights of Way and Access Society.
- Paisley, RRM 2006, 'The Succession Rights of the Unborn Child', Edinburgh Law Review, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 28-59. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3366/elr.2006.10.1.28
- Brymer, S, Gretton, G, Paisley, RRM & Rennie, R 2005, 'Opinion Prepared for the Keeper of the Registers of Scotland: Automated Registration of Title to land', Juridical Review, vol. 3, pp. 201-250.
- Paisley, RRM 2005, 'Personal Real Burdens', Juridical Review, no. 4, pp. 377-422.
- Paisley, RRM 2005, 'Real rights: Practical Problems and Dogmatic Rigidity', Edinburgh Law Review, vol. 9, pp. 267-297. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3366/elr.2005.9.2.267
- Paisley, RRM & de Waal, M 2005, Trusts. in R Zimmermann, K Reid & D Visser (eds), Mixed Legal Systems in Comparative Perspective: Property and Obligations in Scotland and South Africa . Oxford University Press, Oxford, United Kingdom, pp. 819-848.
- Paisley, RRM 2004, 'Moncreiff v Jamieson (Case Comment)', Scottish Civil Law Reports, vol. 135, pp. 185-188.
- Paisley, RRM 2002, '“Bower of Bliss”? – Landlocked Land', Edinburgh Law Review, vol. 101.