Chair of Scots Law
Professor Paisley's doctorate was awarded for a thesis on Crown Rights in Relation to Land in Scotland. He joined the School following a period as a solicitor in private practice specialising in land law and conveyancing in Scotland and is conducting research related to land law including servitudes.
- Further Info
PhD Supervision Interests
Professor Paisley is interested in supervising research students working in the area of property law, especially servitudes and trusts.
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 20
- Simpson, ARC, Bain, D, Paisley, RRM & Tait, NJM (eds) 2018, Northern Lights: Essays in Private Law in Memory of Professor David Carey Miller. Aberdeen University Press, Aberdeen.
- Paisley, RRM 2018, Partial Ademption. in A Simpson, D Bain, R Paisley & NJM Tait (eds), Northern Lights Essays in Private Law in Memory of Professor David Carey Miller. Aberdeen University Press.
- Paisley, RRM 2017, Ademption: Various Meanings of the Term. in A Steven, R Anderson & J MacLeod (eds), Nothing so Practical as a Good Theory: Festschrift for George L Gretton. Avizandum Publishing Limited, Edinburgh, pp. 308-322.
- Paisley, RRM 2016, The Rationale and Fundamental Structure of the Conditio Si Testator Sine Liberis Decesserit in Scots Law. in ARC Simpson, SC Styles, E West & ALM Wilson (eds), Continuity, Change and Pragmatism in the Law: Essays in Memory of Professor Angelo Forte. University of Aberdeen.
- Paisley, RRM 2015, 'The Roman and Civilian Origins of the Conditio Si Testator Sine Liberis Decesserit in Scots Law', Edinburgh Law Review, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1-35. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3366/elr.2015.0249
- Paisley, RRM 2015, The Use of Praedial Servitudes to Benefit Land Outside the Dominant Tenement. in F McCarthy, J Chalmers & S Bogle (eds), Essays in Conveyancing and Property Law in Honour of Professor Robert Rennie. Open Book Publishers, Cambridge, pp. 203-236. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.11647/OBP.0056.11
- Paisley, RRM 2014, 'The Mechanics of Operation of the Conditio Si Testator Sine Liberis Decesserit In Scots Law', Juridical Review, vol. 2014, no. 3, pp. 187-235.
- Paisley, RRM 2013, Property Deprivation of an Absentee in Emulation of the Laws of Succession: The laws of Scotland and South Africa Compared. in D Visser & E Reid (eds), Private Law and Human Rights: Bringing Rights Home in Scotland and South Africa. Edinburgh University Press, Edinburgh, pp. 106-129.
- Paisley, RRM 2008, Servitudes: The New Scottish Regime. in R Rennie (ed.), The Promised Land: Property Law Reform. Thomson/W. Green, Edinburgh, United Kingdom, pp. 91-123.
- Paisley, RRM 2008, Servitudes: The New Scottish Regime. in The Promised Land: Private Law in Louisiana and Scotland. Edinburgh University Press, pp. 91-123.