Visiting Scholars must be established academics or postdoctoral researchers whose research interests are closely related to the aims of the Elphinstone Institute. The visit for which Visiting Scholars status is sought must not be less than two weeks.
Visiting Scholars will be given:
- a temporary university identity card, giving access to the Sir Duncan Rice Library and other university facilities (for visits lasting at least 4 weeks);
- use of the Buchan Library during opening hours and when available;
- a computer password giving access to the university network;
- reserved study space as and when this is possible;
- the opportunity to give a seminar presentation if appropriate.
Visiting Students will normally be registered postgraduate students whose work is related to the research of the Elphinstone Institute. The visit for which Visiting Students status is sought must not be less than two weeks. The students will also be invited to attend such talks and discussions as may be arranged under the auspices of the Elphinstone Institute during their visit.
Visiting Students will be given: