CGD Month in Review for June 2023
What's been happening in the CGD this month:
- We'e delighted to welcome Professor Agnes Binagwaho as an honorary staff member, and Dr Kibur Engdawork as an associate member. Welcome!
- The NIHR CAMW Project's International Advisory Board had its bi-annual meeting on 1st June 2023, and the Executive Committee had its quarterly meeting on 15th June 2023.
- The teacher educator team on the NIHR CAMW Project completed the Warrior Training course on mindfulness with children, led by Niamh Bruce. Congratulations to the team on completing the latest stage in mindfulness training!
- Prof Pamela Abbott spoke at SOROPTIMIST INTERNATIONAL Scotland's 'A Day of Discovery Fast Fashion - friend or foe?' on 'The Ethics and Sustainability of Fast Fashion' on 3rd June at the Discovery Centre in Dundee.
- The pre-print for "A review of scientific theories used to justify the delivery of school-based mindfulness programmes. A protocol for a scoping review" is now live on medRxiv here.
Looking ahead to July 2023:
- Prof Pamela Abbott is the plenary speaker at the Development Studies Association Scotland one-day conference in Glasgow on Monday 3rd July. Flyer available here.
- New open access training in Child Protection!