Centre for Global Development's Month in Review - February 2023
What's been happening at the CGD this month:
- Prof Pamela Abbott spoke to the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Bangladesh about 'The Impact of Covid-19 on the Readymade Garment Industry in Bangladesh'.
- Professor Pamela Abbott and Dr Peter Mtika visited Kigali Rwanda for the Scottish Literacies Project Dissemination Event - view the policy brief, press release, infographics and photos from the event on 14th February here.
- Dr Lucia D'Ambruoso visited Kigali, Rwanda for workshops for the Rwanda912 project.
- The NIHR CAMW Project team in Rwanda, Prof Pamela Abbott and Dr Lucia D'Ambruoso met in-person to discuss all things WP1 and transdisciplinarity.
- Dr Rachel Shanks and Prof Aziz Islam from the University of Aberdeen's Business School met with Andy Ashcroft of Kool Skools, who make ethical school uniforms from Fairtrade cotton.
- An article about the NIHR CAMW Project was published in the School of Education's Learning Strands newsletter - available to read here.
- Prof Pamela Abbott and Dr Andrea Teti got a special mention in the UOA Staff Newsletter because their paper 'Scholarship on the Middle East in Political Science and International Relations: A Reassessment' posted by Cambridge University Press is ranked number 2 for the US journal in its age, top 6% of all articles published in any journal for its age and top 10% of all publications tracked by Altmetric.
- The NIHR CAMW Project website opened up a new space for our open access training, available here - so far the team have covered Research Ethics, Safeguarding, Research Integrity and Data Management, and an Introduction to Mindfulness, which much more to come!
Looking ahead to March 2023:
- International Women's Day!
- Prof Pamela Abbott is talking about her experiences developling safeguarding practises at the NIHR Global Health Safeguarding, Ethics, IP & Assurance Workshop.
- More open access training to become available!