- The University of Aberdeen Room 410 MacRobert Building
Stephanie is a Lecturer in Educational Policy in the School of Education. She joined the School in October 2017 after holding positions at the University of Oxford, University of Manchester and Durham University.
Her work sits at the intersection of Social Policy and Education and examines the system-level policy and policy change and its associated effects.
My research interests are in the effects of education policy and education policy change on disadvantaged groups. In particular, I am interested in policies which implictly or explictly aim to impact children and young people living in poverty.
MEd Inclusive Practice
Teaching Qualification in Further Education (TQFE)
Page 1 of 1 Results 1 to 8 of 8
- Lupton, R, Thomson, SL & Emery, C 2017, 4.1 Transitions in the early years and through primary school. in Human Development Report for Greater Manchester: Human Development Across the Life Course. University of Manchester press, pp. 49-54. <> [Online] DOI: http://www.research.mbs.ac.uk/ewerc/Portals/0/Documents/human-development-report.pdf
- Thomson, SL, Lupton, R, Raffo, C, Unwin, L & Jones, S 2017, 4.2 Through secondary school and towards the labour market. in Human Development Report for Greater Manchester: Human Development Across the Life Course. University of Manchester press, pp. 55-63. <> [Online] DOI: http://www.research.mbs.ac.uk/ewerc/Portals/0/Documents/human-development-report.pdf
- Lupton, R, Unwin, L & Thomson, SL 2016, Further and higher education and skills. in R Lupton, T Burchart, J Hills, K Stewart & P Vizard (eds), Social Policy in a Cold Climate: Policies and their consequences since the crisis. Polity Press, pp. 81-102.
- Ainscow, M, Dyson, A, Hopwood, L & Thomson, SL 2016, Primary Schools Responding to Diversity: Barriers and Possibilities. Cambridge Primary Review Trust. <> [Online] DOI: http://cprtrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Ainscow-report-160505.pdf
- Lupton, R, Thomson, SL & Obolenskaya, P 2016, Schools. in R Lupton, T Burchart, J Hills, K Stewart & P Vizard (eds), Social Policy in a Cold Climate: Policies and their consequences since the crisis. Polity Press, pp. 59-80.
- Raffo, C, Forbes, C & Thomson, S 2015, 'Ecologies of educational reflexivity and agency – a different way of thinking about equitable educational policies and practices for England and beyond?', International Journal of Inclusive Education, vol. 19, no. 11, pp. 1126-1142. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13603116.2015.1044201
- Buckley, J, Brown, M, Thomson, S, Olsen, W & Carter, J 2015, 'Embedding quantitative skills into the social science curriculum: case studies from Manchester', International Journal of Social Research Methodology , vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 495-510. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/13645579.2015.1062624
- Lupton, R & Thomson, S 2015, 'Socio-economic inequalities in English schooling under the Coalition Government 2010–15', London Review of Education, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 4-20. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.18546/LRE.13.2.02