Local Authorities working in partnership with the School of Education:
- Aberdeen City
Aims of Partnership Initiative:
The initiative aims to build a common, shared approach across the Northern Partnership, to support Initial Teacher/Early Phase learning. It seeks to build Professional Learning Networks to facilitate collaborative development.
The aims of the Professional Learning networks will be:
- The promotion of enhanced support and learning for initial teacher educators in the early stages of professional life through reflection and dialogue.
- The creation of a sustainable, flexible framework to share learning and take responsibility for enhancing initial teacher and induction year experiences, and the transition into career-long professional learning.
- To strengthen cooperative development and understanding of practitioners with regard to:
- professional standards
- professional dialogue for ITE learning and assessment
- professional dialogue for career-long professional learning
- professional practitioner enquiry
- evidence-informed critical reflection
- ITE - Induction continuum
- mentoring/coaching development
The networks can be accessed through this portal.