The School of Education prides itself in enhanced partnership working with key local authority partners which include:
- Aberdeen City
- Orkney Isles
- Shetland Isles
- the Western Isles
A number of recent Scottish Government reports have commended the close working partnerships between the School of Education and its key local authority partners.
Our goal is to ensure that all our partnerships are based on values such as mutual respect, trust and recognition of each other’s skills and knowledge. We strive to demonstrate a partnership ethos of commitment to harnessing complementary expertise and experience which leads to a step change in professional learning.
A wide range of activities exemplify our close partnerships with local authorities, examples of which are given below:
- Joint development and delivery of professional learning events for teachers and other professionals
- Joint development and evaluation of impact of undergraduate and postgraduate provision
- Participation in and/or coordination of a range of partnership groups and initiatives on themes of common interest
- Teacher research scholarship projects
- Involvement in joint publications and conference presentations
To discuss ideas for possible partnership projects please contact: