In conversation with Prof. Alan Marcus
Guy Fawkes Night Special!
The Art of Film Adaptation
5:30-7pm, Tues 5th November 2019
Regent Lecture Theatre
University of Aberdeen
We welcome Alan Warner, acclaimed Scottish author of eight novels and the University’s newly appointed Senior Lecturer in Creative Writing. In this Guy Fawkes Night event, Alan will discuss the burning theme of the Art of Film Adaptation.
The film of his debut novel, Morvern Callar, directed by Lynne Ramsay, won numerous awards, including at the Cannes Film Festival. His third novel, The Sopranos, became a successful West End play, and the film adaptation, Our Ladies, has just premiered at the London Film Festival to glowing reviews. Book Your Place to Attend
This event is hosted by the George Washington Wilson Centre as part of its View series, with grateful acknowledgement to Aberdeen City Council's Creative Funding programme and the University of Aberdeen's Development Trust.
- Alan Warner, British Council Bio
- Alan Warner web site
- Scottish Review of Books interview
- 'Our Ladies': London Review, Screen Daily
- The Darkness, The Telegraph Interview
- Alan Warner: Imaging Scotland, The Skinny
- How I fell in love with Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, The Guardian
- The Outsider, The Guardian
- Review: Morvern Callar, Film Comment
- A Life in Writing: Alan Warner, The Guardian